Wheels up on the ground

mr_mojo97

This is in 2.5 and 1.5.8

Ok, so this has just started happening today.

Cold start

Starts with gear lever is up

If I turn on the emergency hydraulic pump switch first, once I start to throttle forward the gear retracts and I end up on the deck!!

Or

If I leave the emergency hydraulic pump switch off and advance the throttle - once it reaches 18 on the gauge the gear retracts and I end up on the deck!!

If I then turn on the emergency hydraulic pump switch the gear extends and I'm back on wheels again.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

This is in 2.5 and 1.5.8

Ok, so this has just started happening today.

Cold start

Starts with gear lever is up

If I turn on the emergency hydraulic pump switch first, once I start to throttle forward the gear retracts and I end up on the deck!!

Or

If I leave the emergency hydraulic pump switch off and advance the throttle - once it reaches 18 on the gauge the gear retracts and I end up on the deck!!

If I then turn on the emergency hydraulic pump switch the gear extends and I'm back on wheels again.

Any ideas?

Cheers

It sounds like a bad idea to start up with the landing gear lever up :D

By the way, it did happen IRL. The nose landing gear will retract and bring the aircraft on its nose, but the main manding gear won't be able to retract (too much friction).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hi MrMojo, I can't seem to recreate at all, especially since it started happening today and no build has gone out in quite a while for either 1.5.8 or 2.5 possibly a repair may do the trick?

Well this is what I figured, I’ll try and run a repair and let you know. Wonder if it’s somehow related to a couple of mods i installed (actually yesterday - oh dear). I’ll try those first

Jojo

Odd thing is as soon as a cold start mission begins, the gear lever is in the up position (as of today it seems). If I try and push it down it goes straight back up again!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Err, not quite. I’ll not tell you why, wouldn’t want to embarrass myself!! Lol

But if you really want to know - I forgot I’d mapped the landing gear (which I use Vaicom for) to the boat switch on by Warthog and it was in the up/ forward position when the mission started!

Ah well, live and learn.

And thankfully it wasn’t my mods. Watermanpc et al made a great job