Thrustmaster T.16000 extension mod for helos.

Hello DCS community,

I would like to share my Thrustmaster T.16000 extensions mod which I recently did on my own.

Please have a look at the pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aT3vZTGqfiTYkWJ22

The extension length (straight line) is around 50 cm.

It was made from aluminium pipe 16x1,5 mm, however the external diameter of plastic original pipe is 14 mm, so I had to make it thinner.

I fly almost exclusively helos, sometimes TF-51D and I find it as great mod.

T.16000 uses hall effect sensor and its resolution seems to be more than enough. Extension gave me possibility for very accurate corrections of flight, especially with sling loads.

Everything was made as DIY, including pipe bending with usage of cheap tools.

In total I have spent 10-20 hours to do so, considering that everything was new for me.

Aluminium is great material for bending when very high temp. is applied, but I have sand/dirt inside to avoid instant crack.

Cost of pipe is around 1,5$ in Poland, so the total cost were close to nothing, only labor work was significant for me.

In DCS I have set controller to be used only half of its movement, which is very similar to real movement of the real stick (UH-1H).

Here are the settings in DCS, please note that due to 50 cm extension it is mandatory to reduce saturation X, I found that exactly half is perfect:

Deadzone: 0

Saturation X: 50

Saturation y: 100

Curvature: 0

unchecked:

slider, invert, user curve.

Maybe somebody will find this info useful.

Happy flying.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

I used 10 wires set which is flat. I have put it inside the pipe after bending and removing sand. The original cables were cut and the wire set was used as extension. I have also removed the yaw sensor. Currently yaw functionality is not working which improves a lot. There are 9 wires used in total, so all buttons in the grip works properly.

It is possible to easily create a button box using wires to buttons in the main body, because now I don't like to lean so low to use them.

I have some extra photos, but not too much. I will try to add them to album photos.

I almost don't feel spring tension which is great for helos.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.