Presents mission issues

Zaneboy

Hello,

I have three issues with this mission:

When reading the briefing on the Presents mission it states that the Tu-22's should attack ships and the Geliboli frigate. Problem is, the frigate has never been sunk before when trying this mission. This results in continuous SAM spam, evading sam missiles is practically your only job in this mission. When I evaded them I get launched at again as soon as I'm near my target area. I simply don't get the chance to drop or launch any ordnance.

For a beginner this mission is impossible imho.

My hud language is set to Russian while I have it set to english in my settings.

What I also noticed in the opening scenes when you can see the tu-22's fly past that one of them has a misaligned missile near the centre of its fuselage instead of on the wings.

• 5 weeks later...

Mountain crashes in Presents Mission

I have the same problem but not each mission. I've flown this mission eight times and only avoided SAMS once.

The main issue in the mission for me is that all eight times the Air Defense group (115) Su-25T's crash into the mountain sides on the way to target area, never fails. I arrive at the target area with no air defenses cleared, only a few minutes before being hit by a SAM.

Would like to edit and fix the mission, I know very little about mission editor, when I open the file in Mission Editor I only see the Player aircraft and not the group that will engage the air defense ground targets so I can't edit them.

Asking anyone, can this be fixed or are default missions unable to be edited?

:cry_2:

System: Asrock Extreme 4 MB l i7 7700K OC 5.0GHZ l EVGA GTX 1080ti l 32 GB Crucial DDR4 l Rift S l CH Fighter Stick l CH Pro throttle l CH Rudder Pedals l Modded Suncom SFS Throttle and Talon Stick l Toshiba 1TB HD l Crucial 1TB SSD

I have the same problem but not each mission. I've flown this mission eight times and only avoided SAMS once.

The main issue in the mission for me is that all eight times the Air Defense group (115) Su-25T's crash into the mountain sides on the way to target area, never fails. I arrive at the target area with no air defenses cleared, only a few minutes before being hit by a SAM.

Would like to edit and fix the mission, I know very little about mission editor, when I open the file in Mission Editor I only see the Player aircraft and not the group that will engage the air defense ground targets so I can't edit them.

Asking anyone, can this be fixed or are default missions unable to be edited?

:cry_2:

Any user can edit the missions that come with any ED aircraft module by default, the bought DLC campaigns you can not.

I have already corrected this and the other Su-25T missions previously in DCS v1.5 and are posted on the ED user download site (These are somewhat different to the games included versions), however I am sure they will have to have other issues corrected due to the DCS v2.5 updates. I know they worked better than the originals at the time I tested them on v1.5.

I did a quick test of Presents mission and still works quite well, all aircraft do their duties still, so here is a link to the missions sets I have done in the past, Su-25T single missions has the ones your after.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?PER_PAGE=20&set_filter=Filter&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=MadDog-IC&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC

These are in my work schedule for DCS 2.5, but so are a lot of other missions, so it is impossible to know when I may take it on.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.