Need LCD advice for Lomac

Hi, I may need to purchase a new monitor and was thinking about foregoing a big crt for a LCD. The crt I have now is in for repair (warranty) and it has great color rendition and clarity but is huge (22inch) and weighs a ton and takes up a lot of space and generates a lot of heat so I was thinking about getting a LCD for gaming and especially for Lomac. Are crt's still better or have the LCD's caught up and if anyone can recommend one I would sure appreciate it, thanks!

I have the same LCD that Thomas has...viewsonic 20.1, the response time is 12 ms which is plenty fast. Even playing shooters such as COD there is NO ghosting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Zuki" Resident mud mover

CH HOTAS untill it breaks(for life)!

Not affiliated with any "squad":thumbup:

I have a Viewsonic 20.1' model which is very good, and not expensive: $500

It causes me some fright at the thought of your definition of expensive... :D

You can get wide 22" TFT's for half that price.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hi, I may need to purchase a new monitor and was thinking about foregoing a big crt for a LCD. The crt I have now is in for repair (warranty) and it has great color rendition and clarity but is huge (22inch) and weighs a ton and takes up a lot of space and generates a lot of heat so I was thinking about getting a LCD for gaming and especially for Lomac. Are crt's still better or have the LCD's caught up and if anyone can recommend one I would sure appreciate it, thanks!

Well I'll give you my speal since you asked... The TFT's are all made by Samsung, and I think LG... Samsung has actually combined forces with Sony out in the western part of the USA, so even Sony now uses Samsung screens ..

As far as heat is concerned though the tft's give off a lot of heat as well..

And for Visual clarity ..I have an old flat screen CRT monitor and I also have a large TFT.. Well nothing really beats the quality of my CRT.... But The TFT comes close....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR