Mission Editor Question

VMFA-Blaze

Hi Everyone

Ok I've been a member here for quite a long time .. But I just recently returned and found a lot of water has passed over the dam.. LOL

I'm desperately trying to play catch up in some respects.. I have been working on the A/V 8b and was able to set up some missions and actually fly them.

Since the release of the Persian Gulf Map I haven't been able to launch off a carrier. I thought that this would be addressed with the release of the F/A-18, but it hasn't..

The dropdown menu doesn't list the player option.. The same thing happens with the F/A-18..All I can do is select the client option on both planes .. I've tried all of the other maps as well.. I tried setting up to take off from a runway but again there's no player option for the F/A-18

I makes me think that might be something wrong …

I hope that someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong and can help me find the answer..

I really like all of the improvements Ed has done over the years and once I get this small thing resolved I'm going to really enjoy this..

Sorry for all of this rambling..

Blaze

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

There can only be one "player" aircraft.

The "player" setting is designed exclusively for single-aircraft, single-player content; it will not give you the option to select a slot but instead put you directly into the cockpit of the aircraft as soon as you load the mission. For any map with more than one available aircraft, all human-controlled slots should be set to "client" even if you only intend to use it as an offline map.

The F/A-18 release corrected the issues with carrier spawns for client aircraft, I just double checked and have no problems with the Hornet on the Stennis or the Harrier on the Tarawa, aside from all Hornets spawning in the same place on the deck of the Stennis

Edited by feefifofum

There can only be one "player" aircraft.

The "player" setting is designed exclusively for single-aircraft, single-player content; it will not give you the option to select a slot but instead put you directly into the cockpit of the aircraft as soon as you load the mission. For any map with more than one available aircraft, all human-controlled slots should be set to "client" even if you only intend to use it as an offline map.

The F/A-18 release corrected the issues with carrier spawns for client aircraft, I just double checked and have no problems with the Hornet on the Stennis or the Harrier on the Tarawa, aside from all Hornets spawning in the same place on the deck of the Stennis

Ok that's understood, I have gotten far enough as to setup a mission, but the real question is this. The selected aircraft should have an option in the dropdown menu for Client which is for multiplayer and PLAYER which of course puts you in the cockpit for single player. The problem is that the player option isn't available now..

I was able to open this option last week but its no longer available now.. I must have changed something in the editor..

I was hoping that someone could give some instruction on how to reimplement this option >>>

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Ok I finally understand what I need to do.. When choosing the F/A- 18 its actually lot 20 that allows you to enter the cockpit.

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR