AI Aircraft (2 or 4 ship) getting stuck taxiing

Barbs

Hi All,

I have a group of Harriers departing Kasab. The group taxis on time but for some stupid reason the lead Harries decides it needs to backtrack (It's a VTOL aircraft FFS!) and subsequent aircraft in the flight get stuck waiting for him to get out of the way.

The only way I can get them to takeoff SOME of the time is to have the set to Takeoff from runway but that's a bit problematic as I also have client aircraft departing this airfield and they may have a Harrier pop-up in front of them on their takeoff roll.

Is there any way to get these guys to behave like normal people? In the attached screenshot, the lead aircraft has done a full backtrack and positioned ready for takeoff bu the others just sit there and look at him.

Screen_180701_171714.thumb.png.8152a9ff2839eacdd4cf4a07379cee7d.png

Welcome to the world of DCS AI pathfinding. I can only suggest if possible use another airfield. These smaller airfields on PG with the turn around runway taxi's are causing havoc.

or you could try (I've never done this myself, so maybe it's not possible) delaying the start of each following aircraft by 15 seconds more than the preceding AC.

EG;

1st AC: no Late Activation

2nd AC, 15 sec. Late Activation

3rd AC, 30 sec. Late Activation

etc.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi All,

I have a group of Harriers departing Kasab. The group taxis on time but for some stupid reason the lead Harries decides it needs to backtrack (It's a VTOL aircraft FFS!) and subsequent aircraft in the flight get stuck waiting for him to get out of the way.

The only way I can get them to takeoff SOME of the time is to have the set to Takeoff from runway but that's a bit problematic as I also have client aircraft departing this airfield and they may have a Harrier pop-up in front of them on their takeoff roll.

Is there any way to get these guys to behave like normal people? In the attached screenshot, the lead aircraft has done a full backtrack and positioned ready for takeoff bu the others just sit there and look at him.

I run into this ALL the time (but if you ask Franky, I have too much going on in my maps lol). But yeah, it's bad d s logic. Harriers are the worst. They get stuck on the Tarawa all the time

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)