Saitek SST and Drivers for Vista!

from Saitek's page...

"Known bugs:

Only one bug is known about in this release - the X52 and X52 Pro users will find that the "on-the-fly" profile loading is not working. Manual loading from the taskbar icon is of course still working though."

That's a pretty hefty bug.

Not really. My biggest gripe was not really being able to use the mini stick, or use the mode buttons in any way. If this works, Ill be able to load me up a frog and go blow up some more friendly units.

Speaking of which, Im having mad difficulties programming the ministick. If this is used as a mouse, how does one set this up AS a mouse? And on that same deal, how would one make this mouse for head movement, and the other mouse for moving the TDS slew?

how would one make this mouse for head movement, and the other mouse for moving the TDS slew?

You can't. lockon only recognizes one mouse.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Then whats the purpose of having a mouse on the joystick when everyone (that can afford this joystick) allready has a perfectly working mouse with 3-12 buttons on it with better axis alignment?

I mean seriously...whats the point?? When I had my x-45, I was able to use both the ministick AND the mouse for stuff...This is just borderline retarded.

I mean seriously...whats the point?? When I had my x-45, I was able to use both the ministick AND the mouse for stuff...This is just borderline retarded.

I would presume that the mini-stick can be set as some kind of hat switch so you can use both it and the mouse (as it could be set on X36 and X45).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Ill check that out later...I only saw axis' in the profile editor, but I could be wrong. Ill check that out momentarily.

These drivers and the SST software ARE STRICTLY BETA. But at least its "something".

Edit: nope...just bands and axis assignments only.