STT Lock

Baitball

I'm not sure if you're having these issues too, but here are two things that I noticed before the latest update (and was supposed to be fixed in the update) but I am still having issues with:

1. STT Lock is still changing locks to another aircraft if there are multiple aircraft around (the aircraft is within visual range, and is not maneuvering into cover such as behind a hill)

2. When attempting to Bore Sight acquire a lock with multiple aircraft around (but only the aircraft I want to lock inside my bore circle), the radar continuously locks a different aircraft (and usually will continue to try to lock that specific aircraft)

Is this a fault on my end or was the update also ineffective for you?

There hasn't been a patch to address this yet, the most recent patch was just moving open beta to stable. The next open beta patch (we suspect next week) is supposed to address this.

Indeed you are correct, I was confusing it for the list of things to come Wags had posted:doh:

Yeah fixes should be coming in the next OB patch - hopefully tomorrow. At some point I think we should get the ability to 'bump' the STT lock by pressing sensor select forward when locked, which will make the radar look for another target (and avoid locking the previous target for 10 seconds - less with an ACM lock). So if you've got a friendly and an enemy mixed together and you lock a friendly, bumping it will allow you to pick up the enemy without locking the friendly again.

Yeah fixes should be coming in the next OB patch - hopefully tomorrow. At some point I think we should get the ability to 'bump' the STT lock by pressing sensor select forward when locked, which will make the radar look for another target (and avoid locking the previous target for 10 seconds - less with an ACM lock). So if you've got a friendly and an enemy mixed together and you lock a friendly, bumping it will allow you to pick up the enemy without locking the friendly again.

On what basis do you think we should get that ability? Is that functionality in the real Hornet?

On what basis do you think we should get that ability? Is that functionality in the real Hornet?

Yeah, I'm not sure how the computer could discriminate this anyway. There would have to be a unique signature of the last plane you locked, that could be used for rejection in the following acquisition

I'm a bit hamstrung by the rules - its been modelled in a sim with a plane using the same radar and avionics as we have (and the capabilities have matched what we've got so far).

Yeah, I'm not sure how the computer could discriminate this anyway. There would have to be a unique signature of the last plane you locked, that could be used for rejection in the following acquisition

You misunderstood my question. If the function you want does not exist in the real hornet, you shouldn't expect it in the simulation.