leapMotion implementation possibility

Kariyann71

Yes,the Problem is here to enable the Hands as Steam Controller.

The Software works here also the Same and I can Relese the Ejection Seat, but nothing else .

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and happy new year,

I inform you I released a new DCLeap version, 1.10e.

This one improve mouse cursor behaviour, better knob management (advice you to set knob slider to 0.5 ; issue with lefthand will be fixed this coming week).

Version is available on GitHub :

https://github.com/kariyann/DCLeap/tree/master/DCLeap/LatestRelease

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

• 2 weeks later...

is there a better guide for installing the github drivers. i installed dcleap and i get a red and green square that disappear with showing my palm but nothing else is working. no visual mouse intergration or anything. all the guides online seem to assume everyone is a programmer :P

Hi, love the work put on this project and I am amazed that someone else needs to do it than Eagle Dynamics itself as they have all the insights about their own gloves etc.

I have dreamed about this thing for long time and one fellow forum member suggested this thing. My main problem is just that I dislike to use SteamVR and keep things simple with Oculus home (that Rift S is unsupported). So just asking that is there any possibility in the future that SteamVR requirement could be dropped for the basic mouse cursor operation?

As for mine use I would be very happy just to have a mouse cursor to follow in 3D space the active hand index finger, and then perform the left/right click with the HOTAS (have them both set to throttle and the stick) and that way turn knobs etc by moving hand up/down or left/right after holding down the mouse button.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

is there a better guide for installing the github drivers. i installed dcleap and i get a red and green square that disappear with showing my palm but nothing else is working. no visual mouse intergration or anything. all the guides online seem to assume everyone is a programmer :P

It’s difficult to install CBuchner and SDraw drivers. I believe I succeeded after 1 month but I don’t remember how I handle the differents issues.

Sorry, you have to try different way to get these drivers to work with steamVr.

Hi, love the work put on this project and I am amazed that someone else needs to do it than Eagle Dynamics itself as they have all the insights about their own gloves etc.

I have dreamed about this thing for long time and one fellow forum member suggested this thing. My main problem is just that I dislike to use SteamVR and keep things simple with Oculus home (that Rift S is unsupported). So just asking that is there any possibility in the future that SteamVR requirement could be dropped for the basic mouse cursor operation?

As for mine use I would be very happy just to have a mouse cursor to follow in 3D space the active hand index finger, and then perform the left/right click with the HOTAS (have them both set to throttle and the stick) and that way turn knobs etc by moving hand up/down or left/right after holding down the mouse button.

Hello,

It could be very easy to create an Oculus Version using ovroverlay instead of SteamVR overlay.

As I don’t have an oculus I can’t be that man.

If somebody else want to try, I could give some advises about the project available on GitHub.

• 1 month later...

I can see hands in the game but I cannot pinch anything or use my index finger to start anything. I see both the red and green boxes. Mouse tracking is only with the right hand though, and the mouse usually only moves with head movement and that backward.

The drop down menu to choose screen resolution does not have my (Reverb) resolution listed nor do I find anywhere to input it manually?

Overall a very frustrating experience.

I do thank you, Kariyann for your dedication to this project though.

I guess I should have read through this thread more thoroughly before ordering a leapmotion.

Hi Propnut.

I’ve a Reverb too. Screen resolution is not needed, DCLeap detects it automatically.

Have you downloaded the last version of DCLeap on GitHub ?

Can you interact in SteamVR cliff house with your LeapMotion ?

Hi Kariyann,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the latest version of DCLeap. If DCLeap detects and sets my resolution why is it wrong in the registry? Even after I edit it correctly it is reset to a much lower value. Why would the pointer usually be slaved to my head movement rather than my hand movement?

Yes, I can see and use (after a fashion) the controllers in other SteamVR environments. I did calibrate the Leapmotion device in windows, etc.

It’s normal that the resolution is not your HMD’s resolution value but your desktop’s screen resolution value.

Can you try this :

Launch DCS, don’t launch DCLeap, Check use Vr controllers in settings and verify your hands movement with the DCS Vr hands.

If it doesn’t work, this is a LeapMotion and SteamVR issue.

If it work, I will have to check others parameters. Unfortunately I’m away this week, but I will check this weekend.

I can not figure out how to get this working. Any help would be great. Do I put the master folder into the leap folder or empty the contents of each zip into the leap older? either way I can't seem to get SteamVR to have the leap motion to show as a controller. Please help.

Edited by Hammer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Same problem here. However, I do get to see the Leapmotion visualizer through SteamVR. But northing in steam or DCS.

I can not figure out how to get this working. Any help would be great. Do I put the master folder into the leap folder or empty the contents of each zip into the leap older? either way I can't seem to get SteamVR to have the leap motion to show as a controller. Please help.

I did load DCS without DCLeap and it does work. Not well enough to use in normal flights but I can push buttons etc.

Thanks for your feedback. No hurry on this though.

Are you using a PiMAX or Oculus HMD ?

Because DCLeap doesn't work with these HMD.

Have you followed the installations instructions contained in this link :

https://support.riftcat.com/hc/en-us/articles/211680065-LeapMotion-Tutorial-Tracking-your-hands-with-VRidge