Hornet UFC (potentially)

Brun

Can you link where you had the PCB board printed?

Thanks

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

I bought them on mouser, but there is big issue with this type of display. top and bottom segments are totaly stupid :(

Yup, I got the same displays for the AN/ARC-164 and they make for a very strange font. It was the only one that could fit in there, though...

I bought them on mouser, but there is big issue with this type of display. top and bottom segments are totaly stupid :(

PCB is printed in jlcpcb

790452.jpg

I have been following you and your design. Based on your posts it’s hard to tell too much about the design Are you max6954 chips to address the displays or could they help?

I drive my displays by pca9685 pwm drivers. It has 16 channels. LED brightnes is controled by pwm duty time. Common anodes are driven by mcp23017 with UDN2981 as source drivers because MCP23017 can source only 25mA per pin.

PCA9685 has max I2C clock speed 800kHz - it gives me about 20fps of all LED displays. It is too slow with visible blinking. I will test pwm board with TLC59711 chip with up to 8 MHz

Hornet UFC (potentially)

Hello,

Iam looking for printable annunciator panel for the f 18. Has anyone these things already drawn and share those. Thanks

I think i saw one at 40 euros on hispanels. (Which doesnt answer your question, i know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Just want to thank Brun for laying all the great ground work for this project, just finished my own UFC, but I tried to make it just one piece to clamp to the desk when I fly DCS VR... So far works very well... Have a look...

Amazing! That's exactly what I'm trying to do with my desktop VR setup. How did you integrate everything? Could you share the 3D files if that's the route you went?

It was these cheap and cheerful numbers...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E1IKGC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Actually seem good for the price, really smooth movement. Definitely better than the encoders.

Seeing that image has also reminded me that I still need to make the HDG/CRS panel available to download/print. Apologies to anyone who's been waiting for ages, I'll make an effort to get it sorted this weekend.

Were you able to get the HDG/CRS select uploaded? I didn't see it on the Shapeways page. That would be super helpful for the setup I'm about to attempt. Nice work!