Throttle doesn't reach idle position

airwolfmutley

Since last version (Steam DCS 2.5....) the throttle doesn't reach idle position:

UHXnG75.png

Before, I was be able to reach the idle position and the percentage goes to 6.

It is not a device problem, becouse my throttle is working pretty well in IL-2 (CLOD e BOS) and in the windows control device.

Edited by airwolfmutley

That is not idle that is off position in DCS.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That is not idle that is off position in DCS.

Yes. Mvsgas is correct. What you're seeing is your throttle and engine RPMs at idle.

If you want to see what the throttle and tachometer look like at a lower setting, hit RALT+END and RCTL+END.

You should probably try it while you're on the ground, though... :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

whatever...

Thanks Pizzicato. Look this picture from dcs 1.5:

zhqyApI.png

That is an SU-25 and I have not flown 1.5 n a long time, why would I?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The Su-25's engines idle at a lower RPM than the Mig-29's (~40% versus ~70%).

As you can see in your image, the Su-25's throttle also stops before hitting the cutoff point. It's just that the physical stop is a little bit further aft on the Frogfoot. The text that looks a little like CTON (just above the throttle) actually translates to STOP, indicating a physical stop that prevents the pilot from accidentally shutting down the engines.

Here's a good example of the same concept on the F-16:

https://www.facebook.com/team.fighterjetsworld/videos/1631187856985234/

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S