Bridge Repair

Oh-Zee

I was running a multiplayer mission last night and one of the targets were two bridges to take out. Taking out these bridges would stop a convoy from getting to it's destination and there for be easily picked off, but by the time we got back to the convoy after blowing up the bridges, we noticed the convoy was past the bridges and heading to their destination. I did not get a chance to return to the bridges and see first hand the status. So my question is, are bridges self repairable and if so, whats time length on destruction ?

No, but if the water is shallow enough the convoy will bypass the bridge.

As a workaround, you can check if the bridge is dead then issue a GROUP STOP command to the convoy.

EDIT:

Like so-

mist.flagFunc.mapobjs_dead_zones{  
  zones = {'bridge'},  
  flag = 86
}  

Place a trigger zone over the bridge called "bridge." Download MiST and add it at mission start via a DO SCRIPT FILE trigger, then run that line of code using a DO SCRIPT container and flag 86 will become true once the bridge is destroyed. You can then use the native GUI to complete the effect -

1 ONCE (Bridge destroyed, NO EVENT)

====

FLAG IS TRUE (86)

====

GROUP STOP (Convoy)

With GROUP STOP, the convoy will still engage hostiles that approach them, but will no longer continue their route.

Edited by feefifofum

Hey thanks for the info ! I've only read about Mist and not to sure how to use it, but I will learn someday. I kinda like the idea of the work around the game has. Makes knocking out a bridge something more than just dropping a bomb on it. Looks like a little more target planning has to go into it, which is fine.

That's everything you need to know for what you're trying to do.

Download the file HERE (right click, save as) and follow the instructions in that post. :thumbup:

It's one of those things that looks scary if you try to understand everything at once, but Grimes & Speed have really done all the heavy lifting already and you just need to run a few simple lines of code for most situations, most of which is very well documented in the wiki.

Edited by feefifofum

No, but if the water is shallow enough the convoy will bypass the bridge.

As a workaround, you can check if the bridge is dead then issue a GROUP STOP command to the convoy.

EDIT:

Like so-

mist.flagFunc.mapobjs_dead_zones{  
  zones = {'bridge'},  
  flag = 86
}  

Place a trigger zone over the bridge called "bridge." Download MiST and add it at mission start via a DO SCRIPT FILE trigger, then run that line of code using a DO SCRIPT container and flag 86 will become true once the bridge is destroyed. You can then use the native GUI to complete the effect -

1 ONCE (Bridge destroyed, NO EVENT)

====

FLAG IS TRUE (86)

====

GROUP STOP (Convoy)

With GROUP STOP, the convoy will still engage hostiles that approach them, but will no longer continue their route.

I've had to re-write this post twice now.

I like this scenario because where exactly the convoy stops could be slightly different each time depending on how quickly/slowly the bridge is destroyed.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060