HOW CAN I CONVERT LOM TO CMD ?

Just name your new object Cafe.lom.....thats it.

The game can use a *.lom or a *.cmd file for any object, so your current lom file is fine. Moreover, when there is both a cmd and a lom file for the same object, the game will always load the lom version, so you don't even have to rename or delete the original cmd file.

JJ

Thanks guys for your help !

the only thing is that i did exactly what you instructed me to do and when i tried to view it in ModelViewer the model appeared perfectly ! when i choose the cafe inside lock on it appears to be invisible !

In 3ds i used default material assignment i didnt use nothing special after that i exported in LOM format and that's it ...

Anything familiar for you guys ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hard to say what the problem could be maiochine. It sounds like the lom file is ok(since you say that it looks fine in the LO viewer), but that the game cannot locate it - which would be the case if it is incorrectly named or placed in the wrong Lock-on folder.

But it could also be a problem with the lom file itself - e.g. if the model is incorrectly oriented in max it may look fine in the LO viewer, but be "burried" under ground in the game.....you said that it appeared "invisible" in the game - did you mean in an in-game mission or when viewing it in the encyclopedia? :) .

JJ

Thanks guys for your help !

the only thing is that i did exactly what you instructed me to do and when i tried to view it in ModelViewer the model appeared perfectly ! when i choose the cafe inside lock on it appears to be invisible !

In 3ds i used default material assignment i didnt use nothing special after that i exported in LOM format and that's it ...

Anything familiar for you guys ?

Hi i've had the cases where a model might appear in the viewer but some parts of it wouldn't show up in lock on for a number of times, so my solution was to re-assign the vary same materials and double-click on it in lomutils or some thin of that sort.

I think it's to do with some errors with the model and/or exporting of it and by refreshing the materials it worked every time.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.