Jester workload handling

QuiGon

I've got a question about how Jester handles multiple orders in quick succession. For example, what will happen if you order him to enter new coordinates for a waypoint (which will take him a while to do) and immediately after issuing this command you tell him to change the fusing for the bombs (which should be done pretty quickly)?

Will he first finish entering the coordinates before changing the bomb fusing (tasks getting queued)?

Will he change the fusing in parallel to entering the coordinates?

Will he pause entering the coordinates to change the fusing first?

Is changing the fusing a command that gets done immediately by Jester and has no "work duration"? If so, what happens if I order him to do two complex tasks in quick succession (e.g. setting coordinates for another waypoint)?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think Jester will just queue up the commands. At least when he already started one.

Leaving some tasks in an uncompleted state opens so much possibilities of unexpected states that it would be a hell to implement this.

AFAIK Jester will not do everything instantaneously, so there might be a possibility of giving the newer task a higher priority if it is issued really fast.

Or maybe every task already has a priority. Countermeasure tasks could be more important than entering a waypoint etc.

I am really interested to see what solution they decided to go with.