Uncontrolled aircraft bug

Can someone else please check this for confirmation that there is a bug?

I am finding that regardless of aircraft type or whether there is 2, 3 or 4 aircraft in the group that only the first aircraft starts when the trigger conditions are met and the group is set up as uncontrolled. So all my missions where a group of AI aircraft are set up for a delayed ramp start no longer work for me as only aircraft 1 starts up and therefore the group will never taxi out and take off.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Ok I might do a repair and then do an example mission to upload if the problem persists. It isn't that they do not taxi - that is just a symptom. The disease is that only the lead aircraft in the group starts engines. All the rest sit there with the pilot in the cockpit but do not start. Tried it with everything from a P-51 to an F16.

<edit> Guess I should also check that the method has not changed. (1) place the group, select take off from ramp, add triggered action "perform command" & start (2) add normal trigger, continuous evaluation, condition whatever but for testing make it time more 30, action = AI Task set(group name/1. Start)

Is that still the way to do it?

Edited by Stonehouse

Hi Grimes,

I've double checked all mods have been switched off via JSGME and also renaming the "Mods" folder under saved games and then carried out a repair. I didn't see anything downloaded other than the exe's being replaced.

I then created a mission as per my above method. P51/25s, Spitfires and F16's to try to demonstrate it also occurs for AI only aircraft. Ran the mission and only the lead pilot in each group started their engines although all aircraft were occupied by an AI pilot (and could see their heads moving). I also deliberately picked a different airfield this time around. Latest open beta version. Win7/64 professional with 24 GB memory if that makes any difference although I can't see how it would.

Mission attached. Screen shot of end mission screen after time advancing about 10 mins. Screen shot of P51s. I've run the mission from main menu and within the editor with the same results.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

126055753_P51uncontrolledissue.thumb.jpg.ec327de374effe7d8b8a7f5c08f3494a.jpg

42974450_endmissionuncontrolledissue.thumb.jpg.534cec4ff8b226a047f7c3a521b820ff.jpg

uncontrolled bug.miz

Change it to once and use AI Push Task instead of AI Set Task. Set task removes their flight plan and assigns them the one and only task of whatever you assigned, so they just startup and RTB.

Also set your waypoints further apart, noticed some really odd behavior with that.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks Grimes. Problem solved. Waypoints were just randomly placed without any consideration. Obviously either something changed along the way ie devs fixed something and so where I had previously made something work via a loophole it doesn't now or it was just the continuous trigger maybe (haven't looked at mission building for quite a while) or I was just having a brain fart about the AI Set task. Very likely the latter.

Actually rechecking my really, really old missions a bit more carefully this morning I see they were using once plus AI Set task. Probably just lucky they worked ok at the time by the sounds of it.