Wind Correction

Biga42

Is that possible in F/A-18C?
Yes if HUD is uncaged your VV will compensate for flight path effects from wind.

If you are referring to dumb bombs I'm not sure.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

If you are referring to dumb bombs I'm not sure.

That I would like to know too, as at least Russians made such system to their current aircrafts to get dumb bombs delivery accurate as smart bombs without pilots inputs up to 5km altitude release at any weather.

ARBS in harrier is said to be by harrier pilots more accurate that using hornet radar and targeting pods. Almost like using laser guided bomb. Similar that Shkval system has for Su-25T (based military testing documents).

So would be interesting why not hornet have a such capability if it knows what are the conditions?

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

That I would like to know too, as at least Russians made such system to their current aircrafts to get dumb bombs delivery accurate as smart bombs without pilots inputs up to 5km altitude release at any weather.

ARBS in harrier is said to be by harrier pilots more accurate that using hornet radar and targeting pods. Almost like using laser guided bomb. Similar that Shkval system has for Su-25T (based military testing documents).

So would be interesting why not hornet have a such capability if it knows what are the conditions?

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Well my last auto drop of mk83 from hornet at 12000 feet missed by a good 1000 feet due to a tail wind. I'm going to try it again same parameters except use ccip and see how it goes.

Either not modelled yet or not a thing I'm guessing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I don't think there's wind correction... In one of my missions that have a good 20kt wind, even MK151HE rockets often miss by at least 100ft if flying crosswind on the attack run, firing on the cue.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

The impact point or release point (CCIP or AUTO) takes into account the wind at the current altitude (via the velocity vector). However, if wind direction and/or force change with altitude below the release point, then you will get an inaccuracy. AFAIK, this was the situation on Hornets in 1991, at least.

This is correct.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

@DarkWaynard, I was meaning Laste Wind corrections like in A-10C
Ah gotcha, I spent a lot of time in A10C but didn't get into the LASTE. I'll check it out thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]