Chat menue not working in the air

BlueJacketWarrior

Hello there,

So I have been having a problem getting my chat window to open up while airborne. It works on the ground but once I'm up I cant pull it up. This is getting annoying since I am unable to tank. Any help on this would be much apricated.

[EDIT]

I also run SRS. I don't know if that would cause a problem though.

Edited by BlueJacketWarrior

• 3 years later...

I'm struggling with the same issues after update to 2.7.14.24228 open beta. Easy Comms is ticked as it has always been, all the bindings are the same as they were set, haven't introduced any new community mods/skins/whatsoever just updated DCS. 

Prior to this update I would just press the key/button to open coms menu regardless of engine/systems on/off, on the ground or in the air in a F-14, now it doesn't. I've tried remapping and it hasn't helped.

Tried with radio assist on/off, easy communications on/off, on the ground and in the air and no matter what key binding or button binding I tried or assigned(cleared old) NO COMM MENU appeared

This menu was present from the day 1 of playing DCS and NO this is not "some" functionality of the radio comms and please do not reply if you are going to write that this is the way it should be BECAUSE IT ISN'T

F-14, A-10CII, F/A-18, Spitfire, FC3, Supercarrier and all of the maps/terrains 

R7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3733GHz CL14, RTX3090, Sound blaster Z, Oculus Quest 2 and Reverb G2, WINWING F/A-18 Orion HOTAS...