Fighting against AIM-9M

Wolfbite

Hey all, so been practicing my dogfights.

I have it set up with a decent space between the two aircraft.

Both with 2x IR missiles each, I have the R-3's and my opponents have had the sidewinders loaded,

I've literally had no problems against the f-86,F-5's and phantoms.

Now I'm facing the F-16A with two AIM-9M's.

He's regularly getting me on the way into the merge, He's firing about 5k out and I'm dumping flares and trying to urn away, but he's pretty regularly nailing me with that first shot,

Any tips on dodging it?

If I can get past that its generally game over for the f-16 as I can outmanoeuvre it pretty easily, But its this initial exchange I need help getting through.

Can post vid and tacview later if needed

Please visit this thread and add a plus 1 to show support for getting a full fidelity Su-17/20/22 in game https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220572

Is afterburner on? Flying head on towards the missile is better since you keep your exhaust hidden with the rest of the aircraft.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Get him somewhere on your lift vector, plane to idle, turn into the missile/ take away turning room, pop CM

Got a technique, I go defensive going into the dogfight from about 5k before merge, doing hard turns into the merge.

Once they're about to fly past turn into them and try and get them into a a turning fight.

Working solidly against AI Mirage and F-16, They no longer stand a chance.

Also realised I wasn't uncaging my CM switch..

Please visit this thread and add a plus 1 to show support for getting a full fidelity Su-17/20/22 in game https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220572

there is a problem with CM that you must flick three switches each time you air start. Better to extend the distance in mission editor to give yourself time.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.