[DCS BUG] Multiplayer spawning on carrier = explosions

ScopeDope

Seems the spawn points are a bit too close for the F-14 on the carrier. Spawning 2 players next to each other will often make them collide. Odd that they don't appear to be touching but it's happened multiple times in our little group server. Might be due to pitching deck/ jello tires physics.

Edited by IronMike

This is related to the deck sliding, which has been a thing for ages and reported (and apparently fixed) on the F18 forum. It has never been properly fixed.

So you know the sliding behaviour increases as the ship speed increases and also when the ship is turning. Its making carrier ops in multiplayer almost impossible right now as you generally crash into something or go overboard due to the sliding, during INS align.

To clarify this is not a Heatblur issue, but a core DCS problem that needs a real solution. The sliding starts currently in the Tomcat as soon as you crank the right engine.

I'll just repost this here as it shows the problem, it was posted in another bug thread.

As you can see the side to side sliding motion, is what is causing collisions. When this behaviour is exaggerated as described above based on ship conditions, it can result in drastic shifts over the deck.

Edited by Shadow.D.

It's not entirely related to deck sliding. There's another issue we've noticed with multiplayer on carriers.

The wings are often desynched across clients.

In this particular case, I was in spectator and saw two F-14s chilling next to each other, wings overswept.

The moment I spawn as a RIO, the wings on the aircraft I've spawned into are suddenly all the way out and then the explosions happened. If there's no one there to collide into, it's not until the Pilot moves the wings to they suddenly synch up.