With no Chuck's Guide, please recommend best material to read on F-14

redmantab

documentation is terrible right now, the HB manual isn't very helpful outside of 'this is what a sparrow is' - like where where is the guide on using a sparrow as a RIO and as a pilot.

I agree. I couldn't find anything on the symbology for the various MFD displays. I suppose they will release a more complete manual in the future?

IIRC, Naquaii is practically the only person working on the HB manual. That is a monumental task for one person. I think the template he’s created and the info we have so far is great. Yeah it’s currently surface level overview stuff but if it gets fleshed out how I assume HB plans to, it’ll be the best manual in DCS by far. And as cumbersome as it is, we do still have access to 99% of what we need in NATOPS. And there are new YouTube tutorials going up faster than I can watch them.

We’ll be alright.

Edited by SonofEil
Added the word 'as'. I forgot the word 'as' the first time I wrote this 14 minutes ago.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

documentation is terrible right now, the HB manual isn't very helpful outside of 'this is what a sparrow is' - like where where is the guide on using a sparrow as a RIO and as a pilot.

Agreed, the manual is so dry and just full of facts. Hardly anything on procedures or even display symbology at the moment. I’m sure HB will improve it, but a Chuck Guide is sorely missed!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box