[NO BUG] Can't drop LGBs in MAN Attack Mode but can in CMPTR PLT

Doughboy

As the title states, I've tried getting LBGs (G-10/12/16/24s) off of the jet in Manual Attack Mode without any success. However, as soon I placed the Attack Mode Switch in the CMPTR PLT position the bombs come off the rack no problem. RedKite's video tells me to put the Attack Mode Switch into the Manual position. When I do this my Pilot gets nothing in the HUD (like "ORD" in the bottom or a PBIL/Pipper) indicating that the aircraft is ready for weapons employment. It should be noted that I've only tried to drop in these two attack modes.

We can drop unguided MK82s all day long in MAN mode but as soon as we try to drop LGBs with no Armament Panel Switch changes aside from changing the Weapon Type and Station Selection we get nothing. Changing only the Attack Mode Switch to CMPTR PLT, we get good drops.

In the TGP everything looks great, I've got all of the symbology you'd expect to see indicating you're ready to press the attack. We've got the Bomb Release Cue ladder on the right side and we get a time to release and even a time to impact after we've passed the point of release. There are no differences in the pod page or use from us trying it in MAN or PLT.

I'm still learning the F-14 and RIO role so it's very likely that I'm missing something fundamental in setting up the jet for LGB employment in MAN Attack Mode. Can anyone corroborate what we are observing or identify what I/we are doing wrong here? Thanks!

Armament Panel Settings:

Weapon Type - As Applicable

Attack Mode - MAN

Delivery Mode - STP / SGL

Electric Fuze - INST

Mechanical Fuze - N/T

A/G Gun - Off

Delivery Options - 05msec / 1 QTY

Jettison Options - WPNS

Tank Jettison - Safe

Station Select Switches - SEL As Applicable

Pod Settings:

On

Laser Armed

AG mode

Point Track Mode

Designated Point Set

PRF Matched and Set

Lase set to Auto

AGC Selected

Front Seat Stuff:

Master Arm - Armed

Mode - A/G

VDI - TV Mode

Steer CMD - MAN

Edited by IronMike

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

same thing happened to me as well yesterday, when i tried dropping GBU-12s in manual mode when i pickled the TGP simbology changed as well as if my bombs successfully dropped but of course nothing actually happened.

when i switched to computer pilot mode via jester everything worked like a charm.

Delivery Options - 05msec / 1 QTY

Maybe try to set it to 0msec. This is the only difference to my setup that I can see, and for me dropping LGBs works just fine.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Maybe try to set it to 0msec. This is the only difference to my setup that I can see, and for me dropping LGBs works just fine.

I want to say that we did try that with not luck, but I'll put it on the list of things for us to try this evening. Thanks!

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you selecting multiple stations or only a single station to be used? I usally only select a single station.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Should you selected any air to air weapon before trying to release the bombs, make sure that you returned the weapon selector to the base (bottom) position. If A/G is selected and you can't see 'ORD' on the HUD, it usually means that the weapon selector on the stick is in a wrong position. Pressing TMS down several times on my Warthog stick usually solved the problem.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Should you selected any air to air weapon before trying to release the bombs, make sure that you returned the weapon selector to the base (bottom) position. If A/G is selected and you can't see 'ORD' on the HUD, it usually means that the weapon selector on the stick is in a wrong position. Pressing TMS down several times on my Warthog stick usually solved the problem.

Ok, we'll check it this evening as well. Thank you.

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]