Need Setup Help-New 5k+

fiddlinjim

Anything specific you're having problems with?

To start, just follow the guide. Install Pitool and then connect the headset (USB, DP and power).

It's pretty plug and play.

As a former Rift guy, I was super confused about the HTC base stations. They're devil devices compared to the Rift sensors. There's only a power cable and they make a scary buzzing sound. How the hell do they connect to the computer???

Not to worry though, the HTC base station will be detected automatically. Pretty sure it needs to be set to "A" by pushing the little button on the back of the station, if you're using only one.

Oh, and also install SteamVR, if you haven't already done so.

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The Base stations serve as reference points for any positionally tracked devices such as the HMDs and controllers. Base Stations perform this function by constantly flooding the room with a non-visible light. The receptors on the tracked devices would intercept the light and figure out where they are in relation to the Base Stations. Multiple Base Stations (2 for SteamVR) allow the tracked devices to figure out where they are in the 3D space. So they are basically dumb devices so no need for the BS to talk to the PC.

Edited by Naruto

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Any idea of which version of pitool to install? Also, I’m about to buy one but am holding off as I’ve heard that sometimes the HMD fails to turn on/get picked up by the PC; any truth in that?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Any idea of which version of pitool to install? Also, I’m about to buy one but am holding off as I’ve heard that sometimes the HMD fails to turn on/get picked up by the PC; any truth in that?

That happened to me last night for the first time. Absolutely panic stricken but a reboot fixed it.

They say to update Pitools with the HMD disconnected, reboot then plug it in.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset