Initial Audio Feedback

I_Gamer

Hey there HB team; here is a direct excerpt from the "F-14 Sound Mod" thread in the Mods/Apps section of the forms. Leaving here for some feedback I gave on the sounds in the Tomcat, any chance that these could be addressed or looked at?

Most of the external samples are played at any speed, even when the aircraft is stationary, like the "Flyby" sounds for both front/rear. These need to be activated past a certain speed threshold, like the Hornet's. Otherwise things sound overpowered - not to mention not very immersive. I had this issue in ArmA; I overcame this by activating a threshold at which the audio would play. I guarantee that this can be done in DCS - because I've delt with it before, but I don't have the ability to make such changes myself (nor does the rest of the modding community).

Sound load times: the aircraft seems to take several seconds before loading the external sound sets in-game while switching between internal/external cameras. Say you are in-cockpit and switch to F3/F11 views, it will take the sim a few moments to load these samples (unlike the Hornet where it is pretty instantaneous).

Thanks guys and hellofa job well done on the Tomcat!

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

All things sound @ Echo 19 Audio

linktr.ee/echo19audio

So that‘s why the jet sounds like it is at military power all the time in external view, even though it sits on the ground at idle power. For all their talk about „going above and beyond everywhere“ I must say that they definitively didn‘t when it comes to the external sounds.

It speaks volumes when a sound modder, who did a brilliant job with the Hornet, can‘t even start modding the F-14 because the sound structure is simplified that much.

Edited by Manuel_108

Me too, they did such a good job everywhere else, it would be a bit of a shame.

Cobra stated that "Flyby sounds will see some improvements". I am not sure if this includes implementing speed thresholds though, so I remain cautiously optimistic.