Warthog Throttle Axis Not Working

Menessis

After moving the PC and doing the DCS update as well as a Win10 update I have run into this problem.

All three axis do not work. It seems like the throttle axis are backwards (they are near the bottom and move to the bottom) and the "incr" axis only works in one direction, from 50% to 100% and back. Did the unplug, reboot even cleaned out the controller using USBDeview. Then I got brave and ran the Firmware Upgrade. No help.

It shows up in the Device Manager, just doesn't work

Any help as far as what to try next.

Everyone says not to use the windows calibration tool. The only TM one I can find is 1.13 and doesn't seem to do anything. It opens and says hit the space bar....nothing.

Menessis

Edited by Menessis

Ah Ha!!!!

Finally figured it out :) On one of the threads here some one had mentioned that even the TM Calibration tool v 1.07 didn't work for them for what ever reason they used some other tool. I couldn't find that tool but I reminded me that DIView has similar features.

So in about 30 seconds I got it fixed. Just had to go to each axis, right click in the pane for the menu and select "calibration" and the "restore defaults".

Go figure.

• 4 years later...

Tried all of that to no avail and I just bought another that came straight from Thrustmaster through Amazon an it’s Z axis is reversed! Can I ask a stupid question here it’s been awhile and I’m just getting back into this. Does the driver when it’s loaded fix the backwards axis thing? Uh I’m beside myself I thought oh a new one I can plug it in and go😖. Somebody out there must know why this happens and the fix please if you know educate me I just wanna fly man.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I understand why nobody got this as a problem. I have been away for ten years from simming and probably have forgotten a lot. Thrustmaster finally got back to me and told me the reverse axis on the Warthog Throttle is normal behavior. So I suppose cause I don’t remember that the driver once loaded straightens out the reverse axis in game?