Mach Loop concept?

ENO

I've been trying to think of some type of casual flying mission that might be fun but I'm not sure about a few things.

The general premise would involve flight along a nice length corridor just north of Senaki-Kolkhi. Aircraft of all types would be available as well as spectator vehicle positions at or along the valley. I imagine I'd run random groups of AI aircraft intermittently through- which would be neat even just for the occasional video from the spectators view. -IMO-

What I'm really curious about, however, is whether or not it's possible to "force" a client computer to take a screenshot from the POV of a spectator vehicle so that a client can run the loop and have screenshots taken on his computer based on coordinates of a ground vehicle, looking in a certain direction at a certain level of inclination. After their flight they could go look into their screenshots and have some neat shots to share. I'm dubious about the concept since if I can make someone's computer take a screenshot it probably would also let me do other things...

Alternatively, I wonder if a script could be written to the server computer which would take "screen captures" of the area that could be retrieved and sent out by request. I can't imagine this type of flying appeals to many so I suspect keeping up with the demand wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe even just running it as an event at some point where everyone can fly in and we'll have designated people to take screenshots? I don't know... I just really like the idea and think it would be easy enough to set up with a few suggestions or tips.

Appreciate any insights.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Okay... no bites yet so I'll keep brain storming a bit.

2w562r5.png

Here is a photo of the general map area. You'll notice the start / finish line are marked with the blue circle which is located at a very prominent landmark- the dam just North of Zugdidi... Home of the Idi Bidi Didi Committee.

The primary route is dark blue... With the option to swing around for a second pass or exit along the green line. The prospect of aircraft traveling opposing directions along the route isn't my favourite but... from a spectator perspective that might be cool.

There is an extended route in Magenta which doesn't add much other than a bit of variety... Emphasis on bit...

I've flown the route a few times and it flows really well- the primary almost exclusively follows a river with the exception of the northern tip where you crest the mountains and have to spot the river on the back side. This isn't hard- but you need to be ready for the turn.

I've been thinking about the screenshot thing and I think the platinum standard would be to complete the basic premise with all aircraft types available at nearby airfields and do a monthly fly in event with "plane spotters" at certain points.

I'd need some basic triggers to "close" the loop if more than a certain number of aircraft are inside it- with some tanker support for folks who are waiting... both nation's carriers available for carrier take offs, landings and touch and goes... Other basic triggers for timing aircraft types and keeping below 1000 feet AGL while in the route to disqualify times are other thoughts.

I'm concerned about static objects I'd originally thought I wanted to use for marking the route- conspicuously in some areas and inconspicuously in others... TV towers, airshow crowds... Tried smoke markers that were new since I was last active but that didn't work so I think they needed to be activated?

I've been reading some objects don't show up in the multiplayer environment? Any insights on that?

Anyway... I'll post a video of the loop later today. Pop by and take a look!

EDIT: Nevermind the video- was hoping to pull a bunch of footage from the replay track however that is, as it always has been, an absolute abomination. I flew the whole loop and landed but the replay shows me thrown off the catapult and going for a swim within 30 seconds.

wtf over.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.