What is Jester doing (STT Lock)

Banzaiib

After Jester has STT locked a bandit, and we've been tracking him for 30 sec or so... sometimes the radar display goes black, then comes back on. The target doesn't break lock, I'm just wondering what the heck Jester is doing when that happens? It's pretty annoying if I'm looking for a range or altitude and it just goes blank for 5 seconds...

(I've told him not to switch to pulse locks automatically, and that doesn't help).

After Jester has STT locked a bandit, and we've been tracking him for 30 sec or so... sometimes the radar display goes black, then comes back on. The target doesn't break lock, I'm just wondering what the heck Jester is doing when that happens? It's pretty annoying if I'm looking for a range or altitude and it just goes blank for 5 seconds...

(I've told him not to switch to pulse locks automatically, and that doesn't help).

He switches to the TCS intermittently when you have acquired a TCS lock and since you can't have both the TCS and TID (or TID repeater) displayed at the same time this is why you get the blackouts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ahhh... thank you for the explanation!

I wish i could tell him not to do that... :)

Also, it doesn't correlate with his call outs. For example, he's able to identify aircraft at long ranges without switching to the TCS.

Ahhh... thank you for the explanation!

I wish i could tell him not to do that... :)

Also, it doesn't correlate with his call outs. For example, he's able to identify aircraft at long ranges without switching to the TCS.

By "identify", do you mean he can tell if the contact is friend/foe or he can identify the aircraft type of the contact? Because he can identify friend/foe at long range using the IFF interrogater which does not require a lock, but to identify the aircraft type he needs to use the TCS which is only possible with a lock.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg