6 Oclock(ish) snapview which works in VR

Gman109

TrackIR still has a large advantage over VR in that seeing directly behind your aircraft is made much easier. Other simulation games have addressed this by allowing a snapview that is independent of VR head movement/location, and will put the view immediately towards the rear out the back of the cockpit (as it's able to be depending on type/etc), with the VR head movement still registering as the snapview key/button is held down.

I was told and had read in various posts that this is possible in DCS, but IMO it's not, at least I haven't been able to rotate my head while in snapview setup mode with VR engaged, and been able to save that view pointing where I like in the rear quarter or 6 oclock directly.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, I'd really like to be able to do it. I do have a swivel chair, but with hotas/keyboard/mouse on Monster mounts, being able to spin about is nearly impossible, not to mention the cable is a pita when trying to spin in the chair with the HMD on as well. Even getting your head to 4 or 5 oclock isn't good enough, as VR HMDs current tech doesn't allow for your real life eyeballs to use peripheral vision as they do in a real cockpit/plane.

If for some reason I'm too much of a view noob in DCS and this IS possible, I'd love it if someone would point out what I'm doing incorrectly.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1