2080ti with VR - bug somewhere?

Nagilem

A wingmate of mine just posted this...

Interesting findings... I am also seeing my 2080ti card peg at 65% with a WMR headset. I'll do some testing tomorrow but it looks like there is a bug somewhere...

Not sure this is new or not, and maybe there is already a solve.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Nothing unusual, the game is limited by CPU performance.

You can bump pixel density, then GPU usage will go up with negligible change to FPS.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Change the power settings in nVidia control panel to "prefer maximum performance", if you haven't already done so.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Did you guys watch the video?

When he hits the "default" button in X1 (Whilst in flight), the GPU utilization jumps from 65% to 93%, and fps jumps from 55ish to 80. And then he can even overclock it again!

This is insane. Hoping we can get some more info on it.

Cheers

Yeah, just watched the vid. Quite bizarre. I'll take a closer look at my GPU usage.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I just watched the video... Wow, this really is bizarre and very significant.

I wonder if fixing this is what is being done with the announced VR optimisation.

Has anyone reproduced yet, or is it something specific to Swevivers system?

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Did you guys watch the video?

When he hits the "default" button in X1 (Whilst in flight), the GPU utilization jumps from 65% to 93%, and fps jumps from 55ish to 80. And then he can even overclock it again!

This is insane. Hoping we can get some more info on it.

Cheers

Weird. But it could be specific to his system, or the pimax software or something else?

I tried it with the rift and no change. I'm usually at 75-80% and it can go as high as 100% on my 2080ti.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Weird. But it could be specific to his system, or the pimax software or something else?

I tried it with the rift and no change. I'm usually at 75-80% and it can go as high as 100% on my 2080ti.

Same with me.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I loaded up the MSI afterburner software a few weeks ago, and noticed I wasn't crushing the 2080ti card I have.

I am using a Samsung Odyssey + with WMR and SteamVR for Windows.

I consistently got 12-15% CPU utilization with~65% GPU utilization with 40-45FPS almost everywhere.

I do have the SteamVR set to reprojection. No SSAA or PD set outside of DCS (Steam at 100%). I set PD to 1.3 inside DCS.

I'm not sure I have any ideas for how to try something different as I do not think I can launch DCS without SteamVR and see anything on my HMD.

I'll take a whack at changing a few things this afternoon to see if I can reproduce this issue with a WMR headset.

I don't think this is restricted to Pimax alone...

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

I loaded up the MSI afterburner software a few weeks ago, and noticed I wasn't crushing the 2080ti card I have.

I am using a Samsung Odyssey + with WMR and SteamVR for Windows.

I consistently got 12-15% CPU utilization with~65% GPU utilization with 40-45FPS almost everywhere.

I do have the SteamVR set to reprojection. No SSAA or PD set outside of DCS (Steam at 100%). I set PD to 1.3 inside DCS.

I'm not sure I have any ideas for how to try something different as I do not think I can launch DCS without SteamVR and see anything on my HMD.

I'll take a whack at changing a few things this afternoon to see if I can reproduce this issue with a WMR headset.

I don't think this is restricted to Pimax alone...

Tried it myself and no luck.... That was with evga precision

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Sounds like it might be something with his setup or specific to pimax then. Maybe he's got a shadow bitcoin miner running in the background :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You guys have any idea on how to run pimax through pitool only. I did import dcs.exe through pitools. I ran it, i get the fatal error messages, i clicked through them for probably 15 minutes and dcs do not start. Anything else i could try? Im running the standalone version