Service Info - Frame counter information

This is a common topic I'm afraid - I'm having constant episodes of high/low fps. The game will run at 60-80 fps for maybe two minutes, then 10-15 fps for twenty odd seconds throughout the entire flight.

It doesn't seem to have much to do with action - this'll happen constantly whether you're at a airfield with a tiny population or in the middle of an intense fight - constant 60-80 fps then 10-15.

The CPU and frame counter information is really odd too. The third and fourth lines include stats for "Update" (in Render Total) and "Simulation" (Main). These figures will be around 3 and 5 respectively when the game is running well and then shoot up to around 20 and 30 during poor performance. The CPU and graphics card don't seem to be working very hard either.

The system specs are:

Biostar A960D+

AMD FX-6300 - 3.5Ghz 6-core processor - overclocked to 4.1GHz

Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM (Two sets of 8GB)

Geforce GTX 1070 (8GB)

Samsung SSD 750 EVO 500GB

I know the motherboard and CPU are pretty old and need an upgrade. However, it's really frustrating that the game will generally run well and then routinely hit me with poor fps for no apparent reason. Is there something simple I'm missing here? I'm not too familiar with the technical side of a lot of this.

1106080186_Example1.thumb.png.95a6a46b31c8b1a27111d70a52c9d52a.png

1728725140_Example2.thumb.png.e74fecec23beffbab12c0343cafc5f9b.png

Well in those 2 screenshots note the GHZ Rate of the CPU when it is running good the clock speed is good when it is bad the GHZ rate of the CPU was really low.

Now I am not sure with AMD but with Intel they have power saving featrures which declock the CPU to save power like Speed Step.

Not sure if you have speedstep or the like but your CPU is being DeClocked when playing DCS. Now wether this is due to Overheating or some kind of speed step I am unsure..

What are your Tempatures of the CPU like when this happens to your PC the FPS dropping..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

AH, I should've mentioned this in the original post - I first thought that the issue was the CPU throttling as the CPU temperature would climb up to 68 Celsius then plummet to 35... accompanied by that sort of performance drop.

So I had a Corsair H80i V2 water cooler installed over two weeks ago and an AIDA64 stress test shows the CPU temperature never climbing over 50 Celsius or so. Those screenshots above are the machine WITH a brand-new water cooler. Yet the throttling behaviour hasn't stopped.

I've tried adjusting power settings in the BIOS and in Windows so that it's all set to performance. Also tried the regular things like deleting metashaders etc.

With a bit of research I'm starting to think the issue might be due to the motherboard.

Do you use "High performance" power profile?

30biumh.jpg

- Enthoo Evolv X - Asus X299 TUF Mark1 - Intel 9900X+EK block - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 - 2xM.2 Samsung 970 1TB Raid0 - Evga SuperNova 1300W - Asus 2080Ti Strix OC - Asus ROG PG279Q - EK D5 PWN pump Res Combo - EK XTX 360 - Asus Spatah - Asus ROG Flare - Asus ROG Theta - Valve Index - Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM2+CM2 base - Virpil VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals - TM Throttle -:pilotfly:

That is strange, as there is no obvious bottleneck in your pics.

You also say it does Aida64 Stresstest w/o issues and with good temps...does this also include your GPU ?

Just an idea...if the GPU overheats and throttles it will ease off of the CPU and thus both throttle down. Just an idea. You can test with a GPU Stresstest and see if it holds the candle if BOTH are stressed. Either Aida64 with GPU checked or Furmark and any CPU crunsher, choice is yours.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X