Mission 5-2 - Trees prohibit land

I played more than 15 times and every time I enjoyed crashing in the trees or similar issues. I think 5-2 is the best training mission I 've ever played so far.

I managed to finish it but I will miss it :)

Well done!

So nothing will stop you from now on :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

I'm doing this mission today. So far the campaign was excellent, I found there were (a bit) too many "round trips" in mission 5-1, but in mission 5-2 we just keep on landing on a bridge, and on the road, and on a bridge, and go back, and go north if "there's something we can do", and go south, and north again, ... At such point I don't even understand where I have to go and what I have to do...

I'm confused nobody else seem to share my opinion, so I suppose I'm doing something wrong...

But I say again : so far, this campaign has been very very very nice !

Edited by alboon2000

There should be helpful information in the F-10 Menu, stating what's next and some info on the kneeboard where the LZ is marked.

Basically, you land, pick up troops, fly them to the bridge north of the convoy, and then back up the convoy picking up the second Group. After disembarking the second Group you fly back to the northern bridge assisting ground troops until the convoy starts moving.

There is also a Video on YouTube

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 year later...

Hello, can you please share .trk file for practising landing and take off in these conditions in the first LZ from the moment "that is far enough" 🙂

I played it 30 or more times but still failing, mostly with the first take off or second landing try.

Thanks.

Edited by jpuk

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5

@jpuk Rule 1 of the DCS Book of Helicopter Secrets shall be applied.
We trust in the mission builder.
In the video above, the situation can be seen from minute 13:10.
Stay above the centre of the road and stay in forward motion as long as possible.
Shortly before the loading point you have to drift to the left into the grass to avoid getting stuck on the telephone line on the right side of the road.
In short: Close your eyes and get through.

Always happy landings ;)

On 7/25/2022 at 8:23 PM, CHPL said:

@jpuk Rule 1 of the DCS Book of Helicopter Secrets shall be applied.
We trust in the mission builder.
In the video above, the situation can be seen from minute 13:10.
Stay above the centre of the road and stay in forward motion as long as possible.
Shortly before the loading point you have to drift to the left into the grass to avoid getting stuck on the telephone line on the right side of the road.
In short: Close your eyes and get through.

Landing is not so big issue but take off in these conditions is very hard for me. Any tips, please?

pritty much the same.
Stay above the street, Ignore TOT but keep an eye on Rotor RPM.
When over the tries turn towards the river slowly exelarating. So you will able to lower colactive and and reduce TOT below the read line.

Allways pas the enemy in his back (east of the river)

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mission completed with 100%. I still can't believe it. I assume about one hundred tries. You have to be pretty mad to create missions like that. 😄

• Like 1