TM Warthog grip with WarBRD or T-50CM2 base?

ICHamilton

I recently got a 2nd hand Warthog kit for my sim flying and plan on upgrading the base of the flight stick.

Been trying to read up on which base is better suited for me with this grip but I can't really come to any conclusion...

I plan on having the stick mounted with Monster Tech table mounts, center or right side, without any extension at least to start with.

The most informing I've read is that some users feel the weight of the Warthog grip on the WarBRD base makes it feel a bit wobbly.

Anyone out there that could comment on how it feels with the T-50CM2 base without an extension?

I do not have a warthog grip (use a CM2 grip), but I do own both the warbrd base and CM2 base and

have done a lot of playing about with trying different extensions

If you want the largest amount of flexability (use externsions, fine tune spring centering force)

then the CM2 base is your best bet, though it is super expensive

Others have reported buying much stronger springs than the hard springs that the warbrd base comes

with and that they worked well (though by all accounts a bit harder to fit as you have to stretch the springs onto the mount points)

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

That's what I was thinking as well that I might have the most options available for the future as well with the CM2 base.

I do not have a warthog grip (use a CM2 grip), but I do own both the warbrd base and CM2 base and

have done a lot of playing about with trying different extensions

If you want the largest amount of flexability (use externsions, fine tune spring centering force)

then the CM2 base is your best bet, though it is super expensive

Others have reported buying much stronger springs than the hard springs that the warbrd base comes

with and that they worked well (though by all accounts a bit harder to fit as you have to stretch the springs onto the mount points)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the WarBRD base with the Warthog grip and the centring is fine. Doesn’t feel loose at all.

I have tried it with a 30mm extension then it does feel a little loose. But I only had the stock springs fitted.

But I’d say it has the perfect feel as standard.

I have all the items you're wondering about. I've put the TM to on the warbrd base with no extension and took it off immediately. Too much weight and too floppy. So I bought the CM2 base and put the TM F18 stick on and I love it. If you can afford it, go with the CM2 for sure.