Briefing Image Replacement

Bunny Clark

In a number of missions I'm trying to replace a briefing image with an updated version. I delete the old image, select the newly created image which has the same file name, and the old image shows up in both the mission editor and briefing. Deleting the image, saving the mission, closing the mission, opening the mission again, then adding the image does not work - when inserting the new image it still uses the old one. Deleting the old image directly out of the .miz file doesn't work either - the game still pulls the old image from ... somewhere?

The only way I've found to get around it is the use a new file name.

It's not consistent. About half the missions I've tried have this problem, the other half don't.

• 5 months later...
  • ED Team

You don't necessarily have to use a new file name. What I've been doing is removing the images I don't want, saving my mission, loading a different mission, and then re-loading the first mission and placing what images I do want back in.

Regardless, either method appears to clear the images properly from the briefing screen.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head