[REPORTED] Datalink tracks disappear in EXP mode

WHOGX5

When you press the pinky switch for FOV EXP mode on the FCR, all datalink tracks will disappear off of the FCR for as long as your zoomed in. If you press it again to zoom out, they will all reappear.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I noticed this too. I thought the datalink tracks werent even supposed to show on the FCR unless they werent being picked up by the radar?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Ok I made a track in the Caucausus Fighter intercept Instant action mission and tried to demonstrate several things:

1. The HOTAS command to switch from TWS to RWS is currently 2xTMS down. Every F-16 manual Ive found online says that this should be 3xTMS down and not 2.

2. With the Datalink on, the FCR page shows Datalinik symbology for hostile targets. In the TWS video this was only the case for targets not detected by the ownship radar, or not within the scan volume.

Currently there is also no symbology difference between a Track file and a System for targets with Datalink Symbology in the FCR. Both are shown as a Correlated hostile target (Filled red triangle).

3. TMS up actions (turning a search contact to a track file or turning a track file into a System file) do not work while a target is bugged (except for STT locking the bugged target).

To mark multiple system files you must first "un-bug" whatever you have bugged, and then it works. Both for the normal White square symbology and the datalink symbology. As I mentioned above there is no difference between a Track file and a System file for the Datalink symbology though, which is why I think some people are having trouble locking targets (or multiple targets) with the datalink on.

4. No datalink symbology is shown in EXP mode at all on the FCR. The currently bugged target is also not shown in EXP mode, whether the Datalink is on or off (white square or red triangle).

The track was too big to upload here so I put it in dropbox. I think it should be publicly downloadable but maybe I forgot a setting somewhere so please let me know if it doesnt work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqvw0lxcxwfvizv/F-16%20TWS%20Bug%20Report.trk?dl=0

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin