[MODDED FILES] how to adjust the F18 HUD FONT size and range?

hydrawind

If you want to reverse the change and get back the original HUD, just delete (backup before) the file you changed and run a Repair.

If not, can you specify exactly what you changed, on which file, and also what exactly what you want to do?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

If you want to reverse the change and get back the original HUD, just delete (backup before) the file you changed and run a Repair.

If not, can you specify exactly what you changed, on which file, and also what exactly what you want to do?

hi,thank you for help .

I just changed the line :

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\HUD_AVQ32\indicator .

from :indicator_type = indicator_types.COLLIMATOR ,to indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON ,

intend to hide hud image when using hud only view .but when in cockpit view ,the hud font is larger than before and out of range .

it is easy to change it back ,but I need the hud only view . :noexpression:

Well, it seems like you're going to have to choose which one of the two fonts you want to use. The HUD has its own font set and if you override that, it gets messed up in the cockpit.

That or play with camera angles inside the cockpit so that you get good HUD visibility. From your picture, you'd want to move the camera POV further forward.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro