Multiplayer unexpected name change by clicking F10 acquire control button?

fanqi1234

In a multiplayer game, if I select a plane to fly, then go to F10, select myself, and click the acquire control button, I lose control to my plane and the plane's name changes. I can regain control by using the same button but the name does not change back.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/v-J2q78qxzU?start=41

Edited by BIGNEWY
fixed youtube

• ED Team

Hi

If combined arms and pilot can control is enabled on the server it is possible to switch out from the aircraft and have the AI replace you. When you switch back you are essentially taking the spot the AI and its name.

Hope that explains it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

If combined arms and pilot can control is enabled on the server it is possible to switch out from the aircraft and have the AI replace you. When you switch back you are essentially taking the spot the AI and its name.

Hope that explains it.

That makes sense, but the name changes only in one direction (switching out) but doesn't change in the other direction (switching in). It just feels a bit strange.

Also a bit strange is that the name seems to be the map's creator's player name, and sometimes it's something like New Unit...

Edited by fanqi1234

• ED Team

I will ask the team about it when they are back from their break.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That button is always available to give up control of a unit.

Pilot can control is geared toward whether or not players can have access to CA commands while they are in an aircraft.

Bug screams of being the same issues regarding player name changes in multicrew aircraft as players join/leave the other seats.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum