TGP Targetted Point Memory Mode

Infiltrator

I've been trying to find out if we're able to return the TGP's FLIR camera back to the last targetted point that we marked with the TDC depress. The JDAM's coordinates are logged in the MSN page and we've got the marked location on the hud, but I cannot find a way or returning the FLIR back to the targetted point. This is annoying because once you've used the cage/uncage button to reset the FLIR's view there's no way I can seem to automatically return the FLIR back to the targetted point. Am I right in believing this feature has not yet been implemented? I've watched both Waggs' and Redkite's videos on the TGP and Redkite menioned 'memory mode' being bound to the sensor control switch depress, although not yet implemented. Is this the function I'm looking for?

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1

I'm not sure if that's the function that SCS Depress does, but in any event, slaving the TGP to a target point is not yet implemented. Only manual slewing works for now.

As a workaround, you can see where the TGP is looking at from the SA page, just go to the SENSR sub-page and enable the FLIR option, if it's not already boxed. Then, you can see a box on the SA page, corresponding to the TGP. Zoom out the scale, since it can be quite far ahead, if you have the TGP caged. Slew the TGP and try to line up the box with the desired waypoint on the SA page and this'll get you close enough. This won't work for designated-only targets (non-waypoints), since we don't yet get an indication for them on the SA page.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I'm not sure if that's the function that SCS Depress does, but in any event, slaving the TGP to a target point is not yet implemented. Only manual slewing works for now.

As a workaround, you can see where the TGP is looking at from the SA page, just go to the SENSR sub-page and enable the FLIR option, if it's not already boxed. Then, you can see a box on the SA page, corresponding to the TGP. Zoom out the scale, since it can be quite far ahead, if you have the TGP caged. Slew the TGP and try to line up the box with the desired waypoint on the SA page and this'll get you close enough. This won't work for designated-only targets (non-waypoints), since we don't yet get an indication for them on the SA page.

Thank you. I just tried that workaround and it worked great.

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1

You may notice MEM on the TGP when you have done a sensor select depress. I found that when you are laser spotting in LSS mode, it will anchor over this MEM position, which is great for pointing your laser spot over a particular area. Added bonus it makes shift targets that much easier to find.

You may notice MEM on the TGP when you have done a sensor select depress. I found that when you are laser spotting in LSS mode, it will anchor over this MEM position, which is great for pointing your laser spot over a particular area. Added bonus it makes shift targets that much easier to find.

Cheers. I'm unsure why the devs haven't released a mini-patch though to address the memory implementation. It surely mustn't be that much work to implement. I'm guessing they're strictly sticking to a priority list of updates.