Re-direct Sound

Hello everyone. I am using the VoiceAttack with DCS World. I have my sound output to my headphones. However, when I issue a command, e.g., "Request Startup," the answer or sound comes through my external THX computer speakers and not through the headphone. How can I get all sound, or in this case, radio responses to come through my headphones. My headphone is the noise cancellation type and I would have never know the sound was coming from my external speakers had I not took off the headphones while the radio response was being given.

What is your settings

Hey JG14 SMIL. I am not quit sure what you mean. However, in the DCS Audio tab, I have all setting to Default (Main Audio Out, Headphones, Voice chat output, and voice Chat input) except the last option--Microphone at Multiplayer start--which I have set to"Push to Talk." What are you settings?

You can select the output device in the sound tab separately for each channel. I play DCS with my PC connected to my TV and have my 5.1 sound system connected to my soundcard and my headphones plugged in to my TV. Main sound channel has the soundcard as output device and headphone channel as well as VoIP channel is set to my TV as output device. So i´m getting engine sound and detonations etc. on my 5.1 sound system and VoIP, radio chat and warning sounds over my headphones. If you have plugged your speakers to your (onboard) soundcard and you headphones via USB, try to set your headphone channel and VoIP channel to your USB output device and main sound channel to your (Realtek?) onboard soundcard as output device.

edit: Well this however only makes sense, if you can hear the sound on your speakers while you got your headphones on. I have "on-ear" headphones instead of "over-ear" and i get clear radio chat while still beeing able to hear the engine sound and stuff like having a helmet on. Great for immersion btw...

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Sorry for old post reply,

I spent some time with this again and re-discovered that when using the Realtek sound output, I have to select a "room' environment within the Realtek setup to get proper separation of the headphone and speaker streams. Other choices here and even "disable all sound effects" will stop SRS or TS, or whatever from streaming separately through the headphones, even though it is setup and working correctly.

Took a lot of experimenting to pin it down again. 'Shame my memory is gone as I remember the same problem in the past.

Edited by JG14_Smil