DCS-BIOS and multiple com ports

electricaltill

I found in my installation a bodnar board with some problems. I disconnected it and the Port disconnections feels better. Now I deinstalled in the Hardware manager the 3.0 USB-Hubs. They are reinstalled by the system after a reboot. I flu now some times without port disconnections. Hope I found my solution. Will report here

Il 23/3/2024 at 09:43, Vinc_Vega ha scritto:

@Strale

Have you tried another USB port?

Are other USB devices running at the new rig without problems?

Regards, Vinc 

Hi VInc,
with the help of Kieron i was eventualy able to make some stuff working using Skunkworks and connect-to-serial 
i have 
Com3 AN-ALR
Com4 Ecm-Brain (that connects several mip panels and lights)
Com5 IFEI
Com9 Cubesim UFC
Com10 the Psi indicator
Com11 the Left Side Consolle
I was able to connect IFEI, CUBESIM and LEFT SIDE CONSOLLE with no issue at all
AN-ALR i see the data flowing but it's unstable ... sometimes it works some other not ! 
Com4 and Com10 the data flow stop after 1 or two lines no matter if i close and launch again 
still same problem they stop receiving data from DCS.

Skunkworks latest version

I read that the "connect-to-serial" seems a little bit oddy read other guys having troubles but it seems nobody still found a solution.

Any Ideas ? 

Il 23/3/2024 at 23:57, Heling ha scritto:

I found in my installation a bodnar board with some problems. I disconnected it and the Port disconnections feels better. Now I deinstalled in the Hardware manager the 3.0 USB-Hubs. They are reinstalled by the system after a reboot. I flu now some times without port disconnections. Hope I found my solution. Will report here

I don't have any bodnar boards connected, have on the MOBO 4 USB 3.1, 1 USB 3.2 and 2 USB 2.0 but they're not enough
so i'm also running a 7 port ORICO Usb 3.0 powered HUB where i connected all the hotas and track-ir
then a 12 port Orico USB 3.0 powered HUB where I connected teh AN/ALR and the PSI indicator.
Also tried a startech 7 port usb powered external hub but same results.

I ha to remove a 2 years Orico 5 port 3.0 usb pci-e board that was using a Via chipset that was probably conflicting and often showing the yellow triangle in device manager.

Will try to buy a brand new PCI-e board and trying if i can get rid of those external hubs ... even if the ECM Brain is giving troubles too and it's connected to the usb on the mainboard.

I'm not sure that much of the common troubles are due to software, but rather hardware. For example I bought a USB-hub which I installed in series with an other usb-hub. The idea was to have shorter usb cables to a group of arduino boards. But the setup did never function flawless. Sometimes the communication did work some time after start up, but then suddenly one of the com-channels stopped. After I removed the second hub, and instead installed long usb cables (5 meters) from the first hub, the usb-serial communication is stable. I have no idea why the second hub did not function properly. It was a cheap none-name hub , but modern model specified for usb 2.0

I recommend you only use high quality usb hubs and cables. Even if they costs more.

One of my problems: only one of the Arduino Mega boards has an additional power supply with 9 volts. I ordered three mor and try to power up all. Yes, my USB-Hubs are all with power supply, but I don't know the quality over the 10 connected devices...

Will report 😉

Il 26/3/2024 at 17:24, Msiipola ha scritto:

I'm not sure that much of the common troubles are due to software, but rather hardware. For example I bought a USB-hub which I installed in series with an other usb-hub. The idea was to have shorter usb cables to a group of arduino boards. But the setup did never function flawless. Sometimes the communication did work some time after start up, but then suddenly one of the com-channels stopped. After I removed the second hub, and instead installed long usb cables (5 meters) from the first hub, the usb-serial communication is stable. I have no idea why the second hub did not function properly. It was a cheap none-name hub , but modern model specified for usb 2.0

I recommend you only use high quality usb hubs and cables. Even if they costs more.

Well i have 2 different USB Hubs, both ORICO and both powered. one is 7 port the other is 13 ports with supplier that can deliver 5Amp. 
so not thinking to an Hubs problem