Moving all my DCS to another drive...

Currently, all my DCS is installed on my boot drive SSD, but after adding the Nevada and Persian Gulf modules, I don't have enough free space to add the F/A-18C the Carrier and the Su-33 that come in the bundle. I have another SSD with plenty of room for all my modules.

In my Users/Me/saved Games folder, I was planning to harvest the files I need to keep for control settings etc., uninstall everything DCS from the C Drive and install all of it together on the free'd up SSD. Anyone have suggestions I might be missing, or other recommendations that might help? I plan to tart flying the A10C online again, and am itching to fly the F-18C, and don't want any hiccups along the way, after the move. Suggestions welcomed!

Thanks In Advance!!

Matz

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

Somehow, I installed DCS world and my modules in my "Saved Games" Folder. It will have to be removed, so I'm curious what all folders I need to save before clearing it from my boot drive. I must have done this while in the Officers Club after a few too many...

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

Correction! After checking, my sim files are in the Programs folder. So basically just copy and save the "Saved Games", reinstall everything on the larger SSD, and then replace the new "Saved Games" folder with the old one?

Sorry, just saw this. I went ahead and did it the hard way. Copied my Saved Games folder, did a total reinstall, then pasted my old Saved Games over the newly created folder, worked out great, except my DCS folder is 130GB and I can't find any files to delete under DCS/_downloads to free up enough space for new modules. Hmmm.

You need at least a 250GB SSD for DCS more or less.

Updates that are coming are going to be ever bigger (tho it does overwrite a lot), even if you don't get more modules.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I read you can install modules to your Saved Games folder on your C/ drive. Considering that my DCS is on a separate drive now, I would have plenty of space. Is that still possible to put them there rather than in the program file? Be just be time for a bigger drive just for DCS. It's a sweet simulator, but it's absolutely huge, ya gotta admit that.

*Also, I haven't updated my signature, so those specs have been increased/changed

Edited by MatzWarhog
addition

You need at least a 250GB SSD for DCS more or less.

Updates that are coming are going to be ever bigger (tho it does overwrite a lot), even if you don't get more modules.

I moved everything to a 250 just now. My concern is for the F/A 18 module bundle, it states it needs 120gigs free, and I only have 90 free.