dresoccer4

issue #1: hi there. i'm new to the viper and just completed the startup tutorial. i noticed after i took off that the HUD won't tell me the distance to my steerpoints. i followed the startup tutorial to a T so not sure what's happening. any tips?

issue #2: when turning rudder/nosewheel left and right, it pops back to center automatically. makes it so you can't steer correctly on the ground. it'll go left/right for a second then immediately try to center itself. very odd behavior. any tips?

[ATTACH]231235[/ATTACH]

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

You probably selected a NORM alignment and in that case you must confirm the LAT/LONG on the DED within 2 minutes of starting the alignment. Simply press ENTER then dobber down to LON and then press ENTER again.

For a quicker alignment procedure (without having to confirm your LAT/LON) just use STD HDG mode (store heading). That aligns faster and you can just roll the INS switch to NAV once you get the flashing symbology on the HUD.

See Wag's videos for INS NORM here

and his STD HDG update here

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

• 2 years later...