F10 Map to Waypoint Data

72hundred

Hi,

PLEASE SEE HERE FOR REFERRED TO IMAGES BELOW: https://imgur.com/a/3QrBbDF

I've tried all the settings for the F10 map in the main menu settings (Coordinate Display). All the images in the link above are the options, illustrative, and approx some where near Batumi (not all on the same point).

I have few questions;

1) What is the difference between "Lat Long" and "Precise Lat Long"?

2) None of them relate to the PRECISE way of putting a waypoint into the aircraft? See imgur for "Waypoint Data".

3) Slightly off point point for the image "Waypoint Data". And specifically in relation to "ELEV 2000M" - I presume this is the waypoint elevation and if so why is it in meters and not feet like the altimeter - would it not be a lot easier to have the waypoints in ft too?

Cheers

DSC World

F/A-18C

A-10C

CPU: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2Ghz

GPU: EVGA SCC ACX 2.0 - GTX 970 x 1

HD: 512Gb Samsung SSD 840 Pro

Monitor: Dell U2713HM 27"

Reference Monitor: iPad Air 9.7"

Headtracking: TrackIR 5.0

Headphone: Bose QC35 II (N/C On)

Mic: ModMic 5.0

Controls: Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Stick (A10C) and Throttle

Keyboard: Logitech G19S

Mouse: RAZER BASILISK

Lat long is hundredths of a sec

Precise is thousandths of a sec

Precise has 8 digits

Also when in DATA page click on A/C and you can change it ,,bottom right osb If you have selected and boxed the precise button you can see it change from DCML to SEC

You can change it to feet by going into the UFC

Watch Redkites Vid

Hope this helps

Edited by EAF602 Red

AFAIK only MGRS and seconds coords on the map will give you max 8 digits precision, but you would have to convert MGRS to decimal or switch to lat/long/seconds from AC menu and ALT+Y to coords which look like this:

N41-32-32.22 E37-11-32.39. Enter first 6 digits, then last 2

Standard decimal format on the map gives only 3 digits after the dot - you can use these straight away, but you will have slightly less precision - won't matter if you are bombing a large building but if you want to nail single tank then better use a laser :)

And no, Redkite tutorial does not explain this particular thing fully, he does explain how to enter them though.

Edited by mdee