Next Update?

EthanM

i understand that ED has a lot of work on the carrier, i am a new soul to ww2 in DCS and the asset pack gets very few updates i have seen, i understand there was just an update. I am enjoying the ww2 aspect so much, when do you think we will get a axis bomber like the HE111 or just an update i understand it takes time. But how regular are ww2 asset pack updates?

For this year I would only expect the units ED talked about in more recent newsletters.

C-47 transport, functional V1 flying bomb, QF 3.7-inch AA gun, 37 mm Gun M1, M45 Quadmount that can be used on different platforms. A conventional bomber version of the Ju 88 would be quite logical.

Plus the regular modules: P-47D, Fw-190F8 and G8 variants. Maybe Mosquito as AI first.

It would seem logical that, like the recent inclusion of the V1 as a static model only, that the planned assets be added first as static models and incrementally updated to their final planned status.

For example the Mosquito could be added as a Static Model in the next update. When the AI flight model (SFM) is ready update the Asset Pack to include the AI Mosquito, then when the cockpit and basic features are complete, offer it for sale in EA, then complete it and sell at full price as a complete released module.

The OF 3.7 inch AA Gun could be added as a static as soon as it is ready, updated to a working AI asset once the AI logic is figured out and finally could be given Combined Arms access once it is finished.

History tells a different story. The Ju-88A-4 model was shown to us two years ago but did not show up as a Static Model until it was added as a full AI asset in the recent update. I suspect that this will be the more likely path and we will not see the C-47/DC-3 this year and the Bf-109G-6 and Typhoon Ib are a long way off. Hopefully we will one day see them as full modules.