FAQ

Hollywood_315

On 4/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, Hollywood_315 said:

[TABLE] Symptom | Blinking menu

Cause | Faulty lua install

Remedy | See below

[/TABLE]

Sorry if I'm repeating a question, but since last DCS update the \ menu show up every 5 seconds. I did some research but no joy.

I erased Export.LUA both from saved games and main folder.

Did a clean and repair in DCS

If disable plugin support in Voice Attack setting, it stops bringing the menu as described above.

And I cant find the ""Remedy Table""

Can someone help with this issue?

Thanks

Edited by Adamastor

3 hours ago, Adamastor said:

Sorry if I'm repeating a question, but since last DCS update the \ menu show up every 5 seconds. I did some research but no joy.

I erased Export.LUA both from saved games and main folder.

Did a clean and repair in DCS

If disable plugin support in Voice Attack setting, it stops bringing the menu as described above.

And I cant find the ""Remedy Table""

Can someone help with this issue?

Thanks

I think the original FAQ postings got messed up when the forum software changed, and it hasn't been updated. If you look at the FAQ on the VAICOM site instead, it recommends using the "custom path" option for this problem. Typically the problem occurs when VAICOM gets confused about the location of your DCS installation and which version is in use and so is not updating the lua code properly. That sometimes happens if you moved your DCS installation and/or Saved Games folder without using proper procedures to update the registry. One way to diagnose it is to turn on debugging in VAICOM, restart VA, and then post the log file here. (Or better still, create a new "blinking menus" thread and post it there. This is the FAQ thread, after all.)

• Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Well explained. In fact I changed my DCS main folder to other HD by drag and drop (was the way I saw after some ... not much ... research)

Strange is that before I update DCS it was working fine.

I will follow your suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

3 hours ago, Adamastor said:

Well explained. In fact I changed my DCS main folder to other HD by drag and drop (was the way I saw after some ... not much ... research)

Strange is that before I update DCS it was working fine.

I will follow your suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

If you moved DCS while VAICOM was working then VAICOM should continue to work until the next DCS update because the move does not restore the original DCS code and so the edits previously made by VAICOM carry over to the new location. But if VAICOM doesn't know the new location, it can't restore the edits once DCS updates. You might want to use the "fix registry" option in VAICOM in order to fix the registry entries that identify the DCS installation location. Those are probably still pointing to the old location.

• Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 4 months later...

Starting from now, Vaicom is no longer supported by its original developer. For answers to questions please either head to the Vaicom Discord (https://discord.gg/7c22BHNSCS) or contact either @MAXsennaor me via these forums (either posted or as a DM) and we will do our best to help.
A team of volunteers is already forming to take this product forward but it will take us a few weeks to get fully up to speed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 1 year later...

VIACOM, fantastic program, excellent work, love to see enthusiasts making such a program for the love of it.

Imagine if Epic did not cost our hospital $200,000,000. (that's 200 million USD) and suck so bad.

Mike