Night lighting goldilocks zone

capthaltli

During a night time formation join up, I noticed you can clearly see the Hornet's position lights (red/green/white on tail) from a good distance >5NM but as you get closer to Lead, at around 2NM to 1.2NM you can't see the lights at all, then as you get closer you can see the lights on the jet again around <1NM. I noticed the same thing when doing a join up on the KC-135 tanker, see the lights, then you can't as you get closer (2-1NM), then they show up again <1NM.

Anyone else notice this in VR at night?

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

ive noticed a number of issues with lighting and as I am flying more and more, I notice it more and more.

I did a few test and indeed can see these problems. F15e's for example. My god. Their lights glow so brightly at all ranges except close. You cant even see the jet clearly at medium ranges as they are just a big ball of red glow.

Other lighting issues include night time storms as well.

2am over the sea - the thick heavy clouds are bright white - and the sea is jet black. You have absolutely no reference point to the sea and nothing seems to reflect off it. Night vision is pointless. With that much brightness coming off the clouds - you would see some features of the water.

My point being there are serious lighting issues - particularly at night.

The problem is, there doesn't seem to be any positive feedback from the developers. So I don't know if they even know if its a problem or not.

Not to mean any disrespect - I guess they are working on issues they feel are more important.

AI being a major one I guess.

Not sure if any nvidia settings (or AMD) will help?

I was hoping to find a fix for distant flickering clouds too.

So perhaps a bit of tweaking on the gfx might fix it?