Reset cockpit view W/o delete config files?

jmaurin

Hi!

I searched in this forum about this, but maybe I'm using wrong terms, I don't know.

The problem is: when I start DCS (Steam) with my VR headset, everything works fine. When I try to use without VR, I can start game normally (without that round screen), but cockpit is always backward. I found in this forum that solution is to delete "View" folder inside saved games\DCS\Config, but the thing is that this file doesn't exist here. There is a DCS, Config, and other folders/files (like Input, for example), but no "View" folder.

So my question is: is there any way to reset cockpit view without deleting this folder (which doesn't exist here)?

I'm using openbeta Steam (latest version available today).

Attached is how my cockpit is.

attachment.php?attachmentid=236198&stc=1&d=1589921800

IMG_20200519_173155.thumb.jpg.d368f5452d49a69f608f76a282cbaf77.jpg

Numpad 5 should reset your view to default.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

;4340035']Numpad 5 should reset your view to default.

You can additionally try numpad enter key, which resets to default zoom (numpad / and * to zoom in/out iirc). Your screenshot looks like you actually zoomed out, not moved your view back "(right shift+right ctrl+)numpad numbers" iirc.

Gone for good.

Deleting the SnapViews.lua is what resets all 2D views to normal. Normally just hit 5 and then Enter on the keypad to recenter and reset zoom.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

You can additionally try numpad enter key, which resets to default zoom (numpad / and * to zoom in/out iirc). Your screenshot looks like you actually zoomed out, not moved your view back "(right shift+right ctrl+)numpad numbers" iirc.

Thsnk you!

NUM / and * worked for me! Also, I know that I can use NUMPAD 4, 8, 6 and 2 to move camera.....but there is a way to do this with mouse?

I tried clicking mouse scroll, right button, etc....I can't move camera in cockpit using mouse.

I also tried to find control assigment for something like 'toggle cockpit clicable on/off', to test....but I could not find this assigment anywhere.

Is there any way to temporary use mouse for movement inside cockpit?

Note that outside view (F2) I can use mouse to move around aircraft.

At least for me, mouse scroll doesn't work in cockpit. Either doing scrool or clicking in scrool weel.

Oof my bad.:doh: Yeah mouse scroll zoom only works for FC3 aircraft.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2