Connection timeout

MrTInc71

On 5/25/2020 at 7:12 PM, c0ff said:

May be you happen to have a dynamic external IP from your ISP and it does change?

Just FYI - In at least one of the users cases here I can confirm it was on a static IP address. Also seems very odd that 2 of the 10 players in different Geographical areas had the time out at exactly the same time, while the other players remained online while other players (including players in both of the geopgraphical areas as both players that dropped out) remained online.

Hopefully this is of help to diagnose.

• 4 weeks later...

Have set up a new server computer myself and have had this happen twice now.

Once to myself, tonight to another person.

Log shows nothing interesting; just as if we had exited to main menu, nothing on our end either, just... straight to main menu.

Server log just reads a line that starts off with "Scripting: event:type=relinquished", then the username.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Mine is on a 2nd pc in the house and keeps losing connection, no longer responding. Made sure network adapter can’t turn off via power management, 2.7 stable version. It’s on a 2nd pc and I’m just using within same network for track replay. No ip changes, we have good equipment etc. Maybe I’ll create a virtual container on same pc if that’ll work for purpose of tracks but I’ve read that won’t help. Also created firewall rules for DCS traffic on both client and server pcs. 

Would be nice if there was a viable track replay system. Or just pay monthly for a hosted dedicated server. 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...