Windows server.

Good Morning all.

So I picked up a HP windows server this weekend which is Rubin g windows server 2008 R2. I have everything installed, with all ports open. I can see the servers and missions on the web GUI but I can,t see them in the mission list online Running a server in windows 10 is straight forward but on windows server OS.

As I indicated all ports are opened and pointed to the Server IP. Ports and programs are allowed through Outbound through windows firewall.

So I’m not sure if it is something I need to setup and allow through the server OS. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: another question if I may please. This is something I’m sure a lot of people don’t ask. Anybody no what the average power usage a window server would be using?

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

do a simple test from your home PC -

go to cmd and run - telnet SERVERIP DCSPORT

change SERVERIP to your server IP

change DCSPORT to your selected port (10308 by default)

The screen should go blank if the port and connection is open.

do a simple test from your home PC -

go to cmd and run - telnet SERVERIP DCSPORT

change SERVERIP to your server IP

change DCSPORT to your selected port (10308 by default)

The screen should go blank if the port and connection is open.

Thanks for the reply xcom... :)

I was able to get it to show on the list for others but for some reason now I can't see it on my on my network or via server list. however I can join them by manually entering the ip. Not sure whats going on there.

If I host a mission on my old server PC.. No problem whatsoever but as soon as I host on the server itself then I can't see a darn thing. not sure what the issue is.

Also I did as you suggested and got the results you were indicating.

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]