Listening Resume and Listening Suspended

epolta

After taking a break for a while, I'm back with the ATC upgrade and now when I enter any aircraft Cold and Dark, I can't get Vaicom to work with any commands. Even my own commands like external view etc, don't work unless the aircraft has power. When I look at the dialog box I can see listening resumed, and immediately listening suspended. I believe it's because the radios don't have power, but this never happened before. How do I fix it? I want to be able to talk to the crew chief and give my own set of commands without having aircraft power. When I enter an aircraft with power, everything works as planned.

thanks!

Assuming you have the TX settings the same way as in the manual, try TX5 as that is normally the comms channel for talking to the ground crew

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Are you using the hat switch on the top of the right hand side of the Warthog throttle?

If so, the VAICOM manual should help https://www.vaicompro.com/support.html (look at page 12) - if you are using a different setup it will still help but you will need to translate the instructions to your setup

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

TX1-TX4 all relate to radios, different ones for different modules, that will only work when the radios are powered on, usually when the aircraft has been started up. TX5 and TX6 however, will work whether or not there is any power to the radios, so best to use one of these for the ground crew.

TX1-TX4 all relate to radios, different ones for different modules, that will only work when the radios are powered on, usually when the aircraft has been started up. TX5 and TX6 however, will work whether or not there is any power to the radios, so best to use one of these for the ground crew.

thanks! worked like a champ

Unless you fly in a very quiet room and don't "grunt" like i do when in the heat of battle, a hot mic might throw up some unwanted and apparently random commands. The Nvidia noise cancelling utility, on the RTX cards might offer some help on this, or at least i hope it does.