Joystick + Throttle

Cougar quality still a question, imho.

I can't say for certain, DD. I hope most of them are resolved. But if you check a bit deeper I'm sure you'll find someone on Cougarworld who received his unit with bone dry joystick gimbals (a source of premature wear and wobble). A Cougar is Hell when it's well, but it may get sick. Cougar fans will mod them, as Coffee999 did. His mods result in the reliability the Cougar was meant to have, not what the accountants figured would make a nice profit. I suggest you go to the Cougar forums and ask about recent build quality.;)

Flyby out

• Like 1

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I've owned every Thrustmaster HOTAS since the WCS/FCS/RC up through

the F22 suite. I also had the Suncom F15 Talon and Throttle, Saitek x36/x36

USB, Sidewinder...you name it.

I'm using the Saitek X52 Pro and recommend it.

FYI...

-Surfer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

/i7 860 @ 4.18 ghz air/Asus Maximus Formula III/4 gig DDR3 1600

/Sapphire VaporX 5850 2 gig DDR5 oc'ed/Noctua CPU Air Cooler

/3ea WD 74 gig Raptors in RAID 0/1 TB WD Caviar/Antec 900

/Windows 7 Home 64 bit/MS Gaming Keyboard/Logitec G5 Mouse

/Saitek X52 Pro/TrackIR Vector/3ea Cougar MFD's/3ea 23" LED's

/Thermaltake 650w PS

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm going to have to dig deeper, and really compare the X-52 vs the Cougar, because now I'm a bit divided on which one to buy.

I started simming with a Sidewinder Precision Pro. That one was completely worn out after a couple of years. :joystick:

However, I got out of sims for a while after that.

A few years ago, I thought I'd start again. I wanted a good flight controller, preferably with seperate throttle device, and not too expensive; so I went with the Top Gun Afterburner II.

Now that one's worn out.:D

I'm back into flight-sims, no question about it. I'm looking for the best flight controller out there, but as I've said, 'X-52 or Cougar?', I don't know enough about the two to make an objective decision.

What do you guys prefer? I know they say that once you've flown metal, you never go back. But I've never flown metal, so my options stay open.:smilewink:

I have dun both and I like my X52, easy to program. But the thing I don't like is the spring is too soft for me on the X52 and I cant change the mouse switch to a Hatswitch.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/