about the multiplayer aspect...

Flyby

I was just over on the Ubi/il2 forums, and saw an interesting request, which I'll pose here as a question. Will the BS multiplayer support 48 players (64)? Sorry I didn't do a search for the answer. As I look into the future, and see the release of two-seater ac, I can't help but wonder how many would be supported online. I can see it now. Hordes of Su34s flying interdiction, and sead missions; then KA-52s swooping in to take out columns of juicy targets. Strike Eagles clearing a path for Longbows? The future would sure look great if the multiplayer were (eventually) up to the task.:music_whistling:

don't hate!

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

as in...

Didn't someone conduct a test on Lock On and found that it only took very few kbps to sustain lag free gaming?

A 48 player game would be great, although chaotic.

as in "fog of war"?;) what could be better than to see the best laid plans erupt into chaos in the first few minutes of engagement? I think that would add a nice pucker factor to any mission.:thumbup:

Flyby out

I can't ...

I can see it now.

Because I doubt there's barely a squadron of Su-34's, let alone a 'horde' :D

And Ka-52's ... no one's buying.

Try Su-30's and Mi-24's and 28's.

Hordes of Su34s flying interdiction, and sead missions;

then KA-52s swooping in to take out columns of juicy targets.

Not likely ... more like, the other way around, with F-15C's providising air superiority :D

Strike Eagles clearing a path for Longbows? The future would sure look great if the multiplayer were (eventually) up to the task.:music_whistling:

don't hate!

Flyby out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

definitely not a killjoy

I can't ...

Because I doubt there's barely a squadron of Su-34's, let alone a 'horde' :D

And Ka-52's ... no one's buying.

Try Su-30's and Mi-24's and 28's.

Not likely ... more like, the other way around, with F-15C's providising air superiority :D

So the '34 can't perform SEAD? Nor can the Strike Eagle? No one's buying the Ka-52?!:cry: Well, there aren't that many Ka-50s about, but I read there's a huge fuss somewhere in the sim community over that little gem.:book: Much as I respect your opinions, GGT, I'm a bit set back by your lack of imagination. :P Let DCS provide the two-seaters, and then let's see where we wind up.

Flyby out

That's correct, F-15E's do NOT do SEAD. They cannot launch the HARM.

There aren't (and probably won't be) enough Su-34's in the /world/ for a proper SEAD strike either, you'd be more likely to see Su-30's/Su-24's filling that role I'd say.

As for my lack of imagination; ED is going for realism, and frankly I don't mind at all if the packages have realistic compositions either ;)

There are two seaters that are actually in operational use you know ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Imagine that...

well brush my teeth and call me smiley!:D I thought I might get caught out with that proposition about (non) sead ac. I suppose if I had to choose, I'd have to go with realism too. OK so no hordes of "rare" ac, and no ac performing outside their intended parameters. But at least 48 to 64 multiplayer slots!:thumbup:

Imagine the practice it would take for a two-man team to master a simulated two-seater, then to go online and perform as part of a squadron, or even a flight. That's really the core of my original post.

Flyby out

I would say that such things are in the making. But it is by no means an easy problem to deal with ... especially if lag happens etc. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be done to make sure that any problems are recovered from gracefuly (ie. what if your partner suddenly vaishes? ... etc)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

rgrt but aside from solving the problems, any guess as to how many slots the multiplayer will support? Maybe if a crewman of a two-seater vanishes from the session that ac might be considered "shot down"? That wouldn't be nice for the remaining crewdog, but it's thought.

Flyby

rgrt but aside from solving the problems, any guess as to how many slots the multiplayer will support? Maybe if a crewman of a two-seater vanishes from the session that ac might be considered "shot down"? That wouldn't be nice for the remaining crewdog, but it's thought.

Flyby

What will be even more interesting is one crewman to get either injured or killed, while the other needs to take over control.

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

that's a better scenario

What will be even more interesting is one crewman to get either injured or killed, while the other needs to take over control.

good thinking!:thumbup: maybe that can be applied if one member loses connection too. The scenario would be the same ie wounded/killed unable to respond.

Flyby out

ok...?

Slots? Slots are limited by CPU and bandwidth, just like in FC.

Maybe I asked wrong; maybe slots is the wrong term. So... how many players will be supported online in BS? 8? 16? 48? Does that have to do with cpu and bandwidth? If so I guess I need to learn about these things. I've only been concerned with cpu and bandwith in regards to gameplay on my pc (only).

Flyby out

Slots? Slots are limited by CPU and bandwidth, just like in FC.

This could mean at least a couple of things - "like in FC" - as in "in a similar fashion to in FC", or "like in FC" as in "in numbers exactly corresponding to those for FC" - which did you mean?

If the former, "Slots are limited by CPU and bandwidth" leaves a lot of room to someone with limited experience to base their guess on - all the way from "between 100 & 500, depending on CDP & bandwidth" to "between 1 & 5, depending on CDP & bandwidth".

Which makes this:

I have already answered your question

True - but not in a way an obvious newcomer to hosting would find useful.

Even expanding a little bit to say that without knowing what his connection or machine are like you cannot even give a range of maximum playable slots, but that the most you could conceive of being hosted over a broadband connection of a certain bandwidth, & with a CPU of a particular standard, would have improved his knowledge...

Cheers.

Even expanding a little bit to say that without knowing what his connection or machine are like you cannot even give a range of maximum playable slots, but that the most you could conceive of being hosted over a broadband connection of a certain bandwidth, & with a CPU of a particular standard, would have improved his knowledge...

Yey kick that Ed testers balls till he tells us ALL the goodies we want to know :thumbup:

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

hold on folks!

I withdraw the question. I'm sure once BS is released and coops are hosted (on Hyperlobby) I'll find out. Meanwhile, I can search for relevant information on the world wide web.:smilewink: No need to collapse gonads, or even waterboard someone over this subject.;)

Flyby out

• Like 1

moderator please

All hardware / performance related questions about Black Shark are odd as BS is still in Beta stadium.

close this thread. no need to speculate on the subject.

Flyby

Not sure, but would it be more beneficial for online play to expand, to require more ports to be open instead of only 10308? From experience, the more intense a game is, the more ports is required by a developer to be open on the clients side. But that’s only my observation…

Would it help having different data traffic travel in different port channels, instead of limiting it to only one?

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Not sure, but would it be more beneficial for online play to expand, to require more ports to be open instead of only 10308? From experience, the more intense a game is, the more ports is required by a developer to be open on the clients side. But that’s only my observation…

Would it help having different data traffic travel in different port channels, instead of limiting it to only one?

It would make no difference. You don't get more bandwidth, just because you open another port. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Study flight sim geek since Falcon 3.0 -